PDA

View Full Version : My new website.

kato13
09-10-2008, 04:16 AM
kato13 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM I am probably going to regret this since I feel it is way too early for a launch, but my fears of losing contact with you guys is forcing an early launch.

As long term members of this board know I am working on a Modern RPG equipment database. In the end it will be something really cool. Now it is just the most basic skeleton. However I do have registration with email, which could allow me to build a contact data database to all the good people here. I could even set up a pretty simple moderated "message to all" email system so we could let everyone who registered with a valid email, know where we are regrouping.

The site is at http://games.juhlin.com. Please register and if you want look a little around the equipment. Forgive the mistakes and lack of explanations throughout the site this is pretty much a blind launch as I have been the only person looking at this site.

TiggerCCW UK 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM Just registered on the site. Can't believe they're shutting us down here.

thefusilier 09-09-2008, 05:03 AM I'll come over. I don't like Yahoo groups and never liked the 93Gamesstudio vibe...

kato13 09-09-2008, 05:14 AM I should clarify I put up two sites today.

http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

A new forum

and

http://games.juhlin.com

A new equipment/mapping site

I was not planning on launching either at this time but i felt it necessary given things might go poof any minute. You need to register and login twice. Managing cross site cookies to maintain login identity is a nightmare and I did not have time to pull it off.

I want to keep this group together. If bandwith becomes an issue I can pay for a site or piggy back somewhere.

thefusilier 09-09-2008, 05:56 AM A new equipment/mapping site

I like it. The pictures are a nice addition.

kato13 09-09-2008, 06:04 AM I like it. The pictures are a nice addition.

Thanks

At 47% on the pictures. Have over 1600 items currently (mostly medical, tools and civilian) with another 400 or so (with a much more military flavor) on hold until I get a handle the missing image situation. After that vehicles (at least US ones).

My task list for this site is like 2 pages long so expect a lot more in the future. If you guys have ideas or comments send them to me (email link is on the front page).

kato13
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM

kato13 09-10-2008, 03:43 AM I added the current RPGhost T2k posts to my forum so we have an archive of what is here what ever happens in the future.

There were some issues (like links not being clickable in some posts and some of the really long threads getting truncated) but I think I got 95% of what we have here.

Sorry I did not think of this solution before the last purge.

edit just noticed I only posted about half of what i recovered. Don't worry I will get all I can in.

edit 2 got all the posts in. The order got a little screwed up but I will see if I can fix that.

edit3 cant fix the ordering problem easily if this board survives another week I will update all the front page threads and reset the right order.

Nowhere Man 1966 09-10-2008, 10:49 AM Bookmarked! BTW, "Project Phoenix," is that like the free Morrow Project clone game?

Chuck M.

kato13 09-10-2008, 05:33 PM Bookmarked! BTW, "Project Phoenix," is that like the free Morrow Project clone game?

Chuck M.

Yes. It is my primary focus as far as gaming. It also gets the only mention on the front page as I expect that game (being free) has the fewest legal entanglements for fan sites.

TiggerCCW UK 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM Project Phoenix? Never heard of it - is there a website etc?

kato13 09-10-2008, 06:54 PM Project Phoenix? Never heard of it - is there a website etc?

I have added the core rules to a new section of my site. Login and look in the files section. Included in the zip file is a font which might be necessary to install. In most windows versions i think you just drag the font into the '/windows/font' folder.

I also added my targeting map and a new maps section to the navigation.