PDA

View Full Version : Your most interresting NPC ?

kato13
01-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Antenna 07-19-2005, 11:38 PM What is your most interresting NPC you created ?

Mine is a German Helicopter mechanic (he returns to my worlds of T2k many times in different shapes)

Description:

This is a big man with blonde hair weighting around 100-105 kg. He is dressed with standard German uniform except for the Russian forage cap and the shoes made of thick canvas sewed to old tires. When played as a NPC in the group this person likes the woman and the alcohol. He ends his tours at the polish bars with a fight over a woman (often) and the PCs has to convince the town authorities to release him (often for a small bribe). Well, he aint just that problem child he is a Mechanic Wizard and a scrounger. Becouse he is a such strong person he carries the groups machinegun and opperates it also. He an average shot really but has a great deal of luck (see my UnXd6 rules that has importet luck skill from TNE) and keeps the MG going in tight moments.

Antenna

Twilight2000V3 07-20-2005, 09:30 AM There are two:

1) The crazed news correspondant (ala Apocalypse Now). He runs around taking pictures but never seems to run out of rolls. He is green when it comes to gun combat, never seems to get hit, and casues trouble in towns.

2) The cleptomatic scrounger. A cross between a tunnel rat and one of those AD&D races (I forget what they are called). Total scatter brain but he can get just about anything.

DeaconR 07-21-2005, 07:00 AM Just as a side note--apparently Dennis Hopper (who played the journalist in Apocalypse Now) was as high as a kite during most of his scenes, which is why they are so whacky.

I like the ones above, they're kinda classic 'odd' characters. One of my favourites though not my own is Captain Kellogg from "Armies of the Night" who is dropping his bars of gold from the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Sort of signifies the essential uselessness of the whole circumstance.

One of the favs of my players and myself was a brigadier-general they met when they got to the USA. Basically he had been a businessman before the war, owned a few radio stations, and had been in the reserves. He was in the signal corps and in fact his expertise and organizational acumen enabled him to rise rapidly in rank. He admitted, with bemusement, that he had never seen a shot fired in anger. However, he knew all the best places to get a good black market meal in the city, knew how to hook up with just about anything you might want to scrounge, and was a generally good guy to have as a friend. The players thought he was wonderful; he was utterly without pretense, a charming wheeler dealer who always seemed to have a spare cigar and a cheerful word. A very very good sort of patron to have. They miss him, especially since they are now eating short rations in Maryland and wishing they were someplace else.

Matt Wiser 07-21-2005, 07:55 PM I've had a few: all female. One is a female SEAL (the story was she was part of a pilot program to eval women in Spec Ops). She was known as the "Ice Lady." Never, ever, try hitting on her. One guy in the unit tried-she broke his collar bone. Another guy in a Krakow bar tried it. In the ensuing bar fight, she broke not only his collar bone, but his wrist and nose as well. Nasty in a fight, and charming and friendly, as long as you don't try hitting on her.

The other two were ex-POWs (one an AF F-16 pilot, the other an Army helo driver). Their story was that they woke up one morning to find the guards at the POW camp just gone-they'd deserted in the middle of the night, leaving the commandant alone. The POWs lynched the commandant, and took off.

They're friendly and affable to everyone in the unit, even the Russian defectors (we have a few). But to Russian prisoners, look out. These two

I use as part of the good guy-bad guy interrogation technique. The two would rather not take prisoners period. And they have good reason for having such feelings.....CAPT Molly Warren from Black Madonna has a similar outlook on Russian prisoners.