View Full Version : S06 e04 " a dark and bloody trail part ii - endgame "

headquarters
08-30-2010, 01:22 AM
THEY BROUGHT DOWN AN EMPIRE..
THEY ARE HUNTED BY AN ARMY...

BUT THIS FALL...

THE SHIT HITS THE FAN.

ENDGAME.

COMING TO A GEEKY RPG PARLOR CLOSE TO YOU ...

Soon....

Aiiit!!

takk for lovely sessions sist gang . det er bare å bla i filofaxer og kjøre inn de datoene du mener passer best for en ny helg med øl,flesk og terninger.
November ?? ...?

Jeg koste meg godt med et digert tactical map og masse brikker på bordet sist runde -MEN!!!

Jeg tror det er en del å hente for partyet på å
-holde sammen
-koordinere ildgivingen
-kalkulere ildhastighet nøyere ( burst vs quickshots discussion-revisited)

mao - det er mange ganger det er lurt å holde seg i formasjon og avtale ting som simultan ildåpning og kontinuerlig skyting for å oppnå :

FIRE SUPERIORITY!!!

( også kjent som det fienden hadde når dere lå inne i huset og skøyt ut mens jeg rullet terninger i vilden sky bare dere stakk hånda over vinduskarmen.det dere trenger er at DERE ruller terninger i vilden sky når DE stikker hånda opp).

Iallefall - post en melding her på denne tråden når du har lest og skriv ditt/dine FORSLAG til helg for siste game-o-rama 2010.

sayonara

oops- glemte engelsk en gang ja...pytt .

English please guys.

Sanchez
08-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I beileve we did a good job.
We had a plan - and we followed it pretty much until our house was bombed to rubble, and we had to do something else we didn't have a plan for.
The plan was to hold out until darkness - and we almost did.
I think it was a nice piece of American bravery and courage!

Now, there was one exception to this, a coward so un-American that I have forgotten his name. You will remeber mine though.

First he gave our position away by firing wildly (without hitting anything), then in a most cowardly move, he try to abandon his fellow American heroes by sneaking out under pretext of attempting to hijack an enemy vehicle!
I also rememer I had to confiscate all white clothing as you tried to surrender several times.

You should have been shot for that!
And in a funny instance of poetic justice you were shot several times by the enemy in various places.

To sum up - very brave action by the party with one exception.

headquarters
08-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I beileve we did a good job.
We had a plan - and we followed it pretty much until our house was bombed to rubble, and we had to do something else we didn't have a plan for.
The plan was to hold out until darkness - and we almost did.
I think it was a nice piece of American bravery and courage!

Now, there was one exception to this, a coward so un-American that I have forgotten his name. You will remeber mine though.

First he gave our position away by firing wildly (without hitting anything), then in a most cowardly move, he try to abandon his fellow American heroes by sneaking out under pretext of attempting to hijack an enemy vehicle!
I also rememer I had to confiscate all white clothing as you tried to surrender several times.

You should have been shot for that!
And in a funny instance of poetic justice you were shot several times by the enemy in various places.

To sum up - very brave action by the party with one exception.

I agree that the party made a good stand and took brave action .

there was cowardice - but it was also good roleplay .and that is very important.The shooting wildly is also true -but have you seen his rifle skill ?

My comments on what to do better were simply directed towards the rules/technical side of things.You can still maximize offensive potential of party by acting more in concert.
Really.
You should try it one time .

I am very much looking forward to the intense gunfight coming up next session .The party is only half an hour away from twilight and the faint hope of darkness cloacking their escape.Meanwhile the dreaded NDP cadre elite troops are encircling the area and massing for one last big shootout -Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid style .(they are the federales in case you wondered).

I sincerely hope you guys make it out of there - the PCs have been through so much ...Well,the maps were drawn and enemy posted on them long before I wrote this . ( I always do it this way so that I wont go soft and started reducing the number or quality of enemy as the party gets in worse and worse shape..)

It is interesting I think , that the last 4-5 sessions has had a Matrix like influence on gaming time .5 sessions ago you were happily travelling about and making plans for your NPCs on what to do come harvest time -now every session of 7 hours playing time is about an hour and a half in game.Soon we will play just a few phases over the course of a whole evening..:D

This combat has been going on for over 3 sessions straight with only a few moments lapse in the hideout cellar if you recall.It will not be over until you are dead or have killed them all.

Rupert Willies
08-31-2010, 02:29 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/war.png

headquarters
10-19-2010, 01:29 AM
I am noticing that things are quiet in here..

So - you are not in a T2K HQ campaign feverish frenzy..

ALL THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!

I want YOU to submit your possible dates in November or early December for a role playing- beer guzzling-pork chomping - bad joke-a-vaganza!

I am thinking East side.

I am claiming Saturday from 1400 hrs until I can barely speak for my evil purposes...

I will be driving over -so anyone in the South country that would like to can hitch a ride back and forth - you might be calld upon to drive though...

possible weekends include

19-21 of Nov
12-14 of Nov

3-5 Dec
10-12 Dec

Let me know asap.

General Pain
10-19-2010, 04:29 AM
fre 5 - søn 7 - not so good - har carma
fre 12 -søn 14 - not so good - har carma
fre 19 -søn 21 - probably ok
fre 26 -søn 27 - not possible (metafusion party)

des 3-5 probably ok

headquarters
10-19-2010, 12:45 PM

des 3-5 probably ok

good or bad karma?

We done many a session wit the k-9 before - so if you ok it its møglich.
__________________________________________________ ______
19-21

temporary date for session-lets try for it !

everyone - confirm

FMDeCorba
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM

des 3-5 probably ok

Get rid of the dog dude.

Anyhoo - all of those, except 19-21, are ok. (hunting trip)

headquarters
10-20-2010, 01:30 AM
The following dates are

possible for me :

19-21 Nov

3-5 Dec

Neither date is 100% - but it is a working starting point to figure out some dates.

Maybe 10 -12 Dec is also possible...

A little back and forth on this is to be expected. But please let us know what suits you.

Anyone got a hold of theDevil ?

Awful quiet from the deep south...

General Pain
10-20-2010, 03:37 AM
good or bad karma?

We done many a session wit the k-9 before - so if you ok it its møglich.
__________________________________________________ ______
19-21

temporary date for session-lets try for it !

everyone - confirm

Well:

except the metafusion party I'm game.

headquarters
10-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Its so close to Novemberthat it practically isnt December.

Everyone is ordered to go out and procure a calendar instantly- mark of the dates and prepare for para-gaming activity.

Compliance is mandatory...

03 - 05 .12

headquarters
10-23-2010, 12:46 AM
what say you ?

I waant to make arangements AND PREPARE

General Pain
10-31-2010, 08:54 AM
3dec to 5 dec is ayok

FMDeCorba
11-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Yeaahh.. Forgot that I have a regimental tradition to uphold.. 4/12 is locked I´m afraid, so unless no militiaman will want to have the yearly regimental dinner with me, I´ll have to forego on the 4th...

headquarters
11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeaahh.. Forgot that I have a regimental tradition to uphold.. 4/12 is locked I´m afraid, so unless no militiaman will want to have the yearly regimental dinner with me, I´ll have to forego on the 4th...

cant you just order them to charge and then pop out and bury them after our sessions?

Seriously - with Sanchez out due to rl horrors and lackluster response from the other squad members I feel we need all of the core members there.Also , the need for many targets..ehh-- players to be able to win the gunfights is essential.

The alternative is to have the sessions at another date. there are other weekends in that could be available like

possibly 10-11-12 December

or even early january.

Now,FM deCorba will give us the final word about his regimental dinner this week.Then we will know...

IF he cannot present himself due to regimental commitments we shall have to postpone until the earliest available date.

I fear early january will then be the date...

headquarters
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
sound off lads- assembly has been signalled!

post dates asap.

HQ out

General Pain
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
As I will have to try to get the friday off on said weekend.

december:
18th - yet another party with metafusion crew.

4th ok
11th ok

FMDeCorba
11-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Alrighty - I´ll get back to you ASAP on the tradition-thingy for the 4th..

Meanwhile, I suggest that HQ write an ordinary mail or make an ordinary phonecall to the other core players - this forum isn´t automatically on everybody´s radar I´m afraid - it has it´s limitations when the updates come in bursts, like now. If your inbox was empty most of the time, would you still check it every day? Besides, the Devil is off grid for the time being, his computer has the blues or something.

Apart from the above mentioned, I´m game (most weekends before Christmas are good) AND I´d love to play host again, it such a pleasure to have other freaks visit out here in deliverance country. However, the part time owner of an animal named after a sort of personal tab of good and bad deeds thinks this is a problem, so we´ll see.

headquarters
11-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I always call if the forum has been quiet for a while- and I have spoken with Devil.

Willis has already been in here and posted so he is aware that he is required to commit or not.

Sanchez has also been spoken to - most likely his situation will not allow him to join.

Will send sms and ask for them post dates (again)

FmDeCorba - please hurry up and find out wether or not you will join.
If you cannot - I see this session being postponed to January.

FMDeCorba
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Oh, so the whole plan rests on my schedule now?

Anyhoo - hope to see all of you guys soon, or soonish:)

headquarters
11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh, so the whole plan rests on my schedule now?

Anyhoo - hope to see all of you guys soon, or soonish:)

you love the attention FM!

The whole session rests on us getting 3 confirmed players +GM in a reasonable time before scheduled kick off.

Sofar - GP has confirmed.

This leaves us waiting for the rest to chime in and commit.

Still waiting lads.

I know those personal organizers are hard to open and flip through. I know the fear and indecisivenss that grips you-numbs you ...

But do it regardless of the sacrifce that is demanded of you..open those filofaxes no matter what and show `em all you can actually make an appointment despite the odds.

FMDeCorba
11-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi guys - sorry for the tardy reply.

I´m afraid december 4th definitely is crossed out in my calendar - but the other weekends ahead (except 26-28/11, work) are open for my part.

J

PS: If this proves to be an insurmountable challenge ahead of Xmas, well then I hope we are able to get together early next year!

General Pain
11-15-2010, 07:11 AM
..that we will NOT have our anually late-year session this year :(

FMDeCorba
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Look - Is that particular weekend the only one possible? If so, I am terribly sorry that I have to prioritize, but I do have to.

Besides - I refuse to be cornered by your false calendar dichotomy - there are other possibilitites, and it really doesn´t matter what number we assign to it. According to the Islamic calendar we will have to hurry up if we are to get together while it´s still 1431.

headquarters
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
any other suggested dates ?

or is it off ?

FMDeCorba
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
10-12 ? 17-19?

FMDeCorba
11-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Hang on.. seems I´ve gotten a gig for the evening of 10th.. but that´s not the entire weekend after all.

General Pain
11-17-2010, 02:50 AM
the 18th I'm doing the last gig for 2010 with The Metafusion Soundsystem.

The 10th is a longshot but I think it's A-OK.

headquarters
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
thats that then.

see you in 2011.

General Pain
11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
this is not cool. :(:mad:

Rupert Willies
11-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Just to let you know that

3. - 5. of December is barely doable for me -> Birthday party on the 5th
10 - 12 of December is no go, due to RL obligations of wife, leaving me in charge of kids

Other weekends should be ok.

Sorry for dropping off the map..

headquarters
11-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Good to hear from you Willis.

I see that there is a lot of difficulties in getting this on to fly. People have commitments in December both 03.05 and 10-12. 17-19 is just to close to the holidays I guess. If all of you guys magically can swung that weekend I will probably get it too.

But realistically :

I am suggesting that we get a date for January instead. With my work and family obligations I am not going to get many weekends off- so I want most if not all players to be there if we are to play in my campaign. (/ Sanchez is of course granted leave of absence until further notice).

So lets hear about January. I need three players to confirm attendance and a 8 digit grid on the PZ*

( Playing Zone )

If anyone sees Devil , please inform him that my telepathic sensor array is undergoing repairs and I need him to use the internet or the POT ( palin old telephone) to communicate instead.

I suggest that we should be able to settle on a date in January before December is here.

HQ out

FMDeCorba
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Aknowledged.

Rupert Willies
11-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I totally agree. December will be over soon enough that January should make a great Plan A.

I'll talk to the Devil.

General Pain
11-22-2010, 09:10 AM
As pr this date,

Friday 7th to 9th - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 14th to 16th - NOT Possible at all.
Friday 21th to 23rd - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 28th to 30th - Definantly a possibility.

headquarters
11-25-2010, 02:49 PM
As pr this date,

Friday 7th to 9th - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 14th to 16th - NOT Possible at all.
Friday 21th to 23rd - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 28th to 30th - Definantly a possibility.

got to get a date.

So far I am open all the dates.
how about 7th to 9th ?

FMDeCorba
11-28-2010, 09:29 AM
7-9 Sounds good to me, I´ll be fresh home from Denmark, perhaps even with some fine whisky and sausage in my pack - dare I suggest a rustic expedition this time? The Devil has not seen my (very humble) abode, and I enjoy having visitors in the dark season.

Sanchez
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I just spoke to FM.
Of course, if possible, I'll like to join you in January.
However, my decision to join or not join will most probably be taken a few days before the session - and most likely my contibution will be one day only.
Which day I'll join, if I do join, will be determined by the dinner menu.

I therefore advice you to decide a place and time for the sessions now. It'll make it easier for me to plan against.

Hope to see you all in January.

headquarters
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Honest - I like it.
Whereever we can play is fine by me. Might be the easiest in the city though. Sanchez needs to be home for the morning after.

As for the dinner menu.Anyone got something good i n their icebox ?

I just spoke to FM.
Of course, if possible, I'll like to join you in January.
However, my decision to join or not join will most probably be taken a few days before the session - and most likely my contibution will be one day only.
Which day I'll join, if I do join, will be determined by the dinner menu.

I therefore advice you to decide a place and time for the sessions now. It'll make it easier for me to plan against.

Hope to see you all in January.

theDevil
11-29-2010, 06:44 AM
good damn this economy (and all those credit card that made it so(yes, im talking about my old ones...)), but anyhooo is there a set date now or something like that???

because as a non working man, it is winter and no one orders new floors this time of year, i am ready whenever...

just put it into stone and i will be there, with bells on (if that is a perticulary wish from anyone)...

yeah i been underground for quite sometime, working, playing MAG and paying of my debt (10 more months and i will be 1 loan away from total freedom, and my dream of seeing Russia on 2 wheels... ...truely something to look forward to.

but before this happens i will join our killing spree session and our doom and gloomed tommorow never know sessions, ofcourse.

one more thing, i promised to bring my .45 with... ...that is a no go, u see my car suddenly felt the "urge" to bring me down, so he brought me $1k down in repairs, @1k of my gunmoney... ...as cartman would put it GOD DAMNIT!!!

im bringing a 12year old Bowmoore whiskey...

headquarters
11-29-2010, 10:34 AM
good damn this economy (and all those credit card that made it so(yes, im talking about my old ones...)), but anyhooo is there a set date now or something like that???

because as a non working man, it is winter and no one orders new floors this time of year, i am ready whenever...

just put it into stone and i will be there, with bells on (if that is a perticulary wish from anyone)...

yeah i been underground for quite sometime, working, playing MAG and paying of my debt (10 more months and i will be 1 loan away from total freedom, and my dream of seeing Russia on 2 wheels... ...truely something to look forward to.

but before this happens i will join our killing spree session and our doom and gloomed tommorow never know sessions, ofcourse.

one more thing, i promised to bring my .45 with... ...that is a no go, u see my car suddenly felt the "urge" to bring me down, so he brought me $1k down in repairs, @1k of my gunmoney... ...as cartman would put it GOD DAMNIT!!!

im bringing a 12year old Bowmoore whiskey...

screw the car ,get the gun and hijack another one.. ;)

working on 7-9 of jan.

must get everyone onboard

FMDeCorba
11-30-2010, 03:56 AM
So 7-9 is a no go because of work? Please clarify. I have "studiesamling" the 3rd week of January - so I´d vastly prefer to be rested for that, i.e. not having a weekend of too many cigarettes and grease overload just before.

headquarters
11-30-2010, 02:01 PM
So 7-9 is a no go because of work? Please clarify. I have "studiesamling" the 3rd week of January - so I´d vastly prefer to be rested for that, i.e. not having a weekend of too many cigarettes and grease overload just before.

working on 7 - 9 = arbeider med å...

working the 7-9 means -I am working that date

I hope your studiesamling isnt English.
:D

Lets try for 7-9th of Jan at GPs place in the ugly city!!

Who is with me !YARRRRR!!

Rupert Willies
12-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Yarr, Scallywags and landlubbers!

Time:
I have no plans for January, and will most likely be able to play whenever.

Place:
I would love to play at Chateau d'DeCorba, but any ample lodging will do. The Generals once-again-batchelor pad is a winner, if winning is stepping in dog shit to prevent frostbite.. just kidding. I sleep like a newborn babe on your sofa, Gen. Pain!

Batchelor chow:
I can certainly whip up something, if a minimum of kitchen utensils can be made available. General Pains kitchen is surprisingly well equipped for a man that cooks so little.

I suggest the following menu:
Tomato salade bruscetta or a rerun of this summer's sashimi for hors d'œuvres
Salt baked chicken with mushrooms, asparagus and mashed potatoes (rotstappe)
For dessert Cloudberry cream

headquarters
12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
menu for saturday acknowledged.Always wanted to do one of those saltbaked poultry things.

GPs place is preferred due to various travel arrangements.

Waddayamean bachelor ?

Old lady split?

Yarr, Scallywags and landlubbers!

Time:
I have no plans for January, and will most likely be able to play whenever.

Place:
I would love to play at Chateau d'DeCorba, but any ample lodging will do. The Generals once-again-batchelor pad is a winner, if winning is stepping in dog shit to prevent frostbite.. just kidding. I sleep like a newborn babe on your sofa, Gen. Pain!

Batchelor chow:
I can certainly whip up something, if a minimum of kitchen utensils can be made available. General Pains kitchen is surprisingly well equipped for a man that cooks so little.

I suggest the following menu:
Tomato salade bruscetta or a rerun of this summer's sashimi for hors d'œuvres
Salt baked chicken with mushrooms, asparagus and mashed potatoes (rotstappe)
For dessert Cloudberry cream

Rupert Willies
12-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Ah... noes, sorry for that misunderstanding. I was merely referring to his x-married status. Of course, he's not a proper bachelor, all the while he's still going steady with GF 2.0.

I just find it cooler to be a bachelor-chow eating bachelor.

Rupert Willies
12-02-2010, 03:41 AM
By the way HQ; I met a man called Alexander yesterday, and he was your spitting image. Some years older, and he sort of looked more like RichARRRd. He's tall like you, has the same gun fetish you do, and even has the same laugh as you, Could he be your un-identical, time warped twin?

headquarters
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
By the way HQ; I met a man called Alexander yesterday, and he was your spitting image. Some years older, and he sort of looked more like RichARRRd. He's tall like you, has the same gun fetish you do, and even has the same laugh as you, Could he be your un-identical, time warped twin?

The Galaxy patrols time/space continium dept. has finally caught up with my interdimensional super villain plot to simultaneously lead two suburban- mundane-chained- to- the- computer- desk -in- the- office- by- the- payslip-everyday-average-guy- lives

For the record- Alexanders gun nut module doesnt have the useless but cool looking fetish.

Since we have a rift in the time/space continium anyways, would you mind asking Alex to hand in the Blockbuster movies I rented when living in our parallell dimension? I am sure he will be teleported back shortly. The late fines are mounting up and fed ex dont do interdimensional delivery.

he.

If he played RPGs -now that would be quite uncanny.. that would make us individual the same way Zebras in a herd are .

Sanchez
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I killed a conger during my summer holiday.
Most of it have already been eaten, but I have something left in my freezer. Probably enough for a dinner for 3 guys.

Conger is very nice fat white flesh similar to monkfish, but a little bit different.

I have never tried it as sashimi, only fried in butter and oven baked (both dished were highly succesful). It could perhaps be an alternative to salmon in the above proposed menu. The filets are unfortunately not cut by a shushi chef, but by me and are rather crude. However they are quite thick and can be used for a variety of dishes.

It would be a good opportunity for you guys to eat a somewhat unaccesible animal.

Does this seem interesting?

headquarters
12-05-2010, 06:18 AM
fry it up buddy!

Most of it have already been eaten, but I have something left in my freezer. Probably enough for a dinner for 3 guys.

Conger is very nice fat white flesh similar to monkfish, but a little bit different.

I have never tried it as sashimi, only fried in butter and oven baked (both dished were highly succesful). It could perhaps be an alternative to salmon in the above proposed menu. The filets are unfortunately not cut by a shushi chef, but by me and are rather crude. However they are quite thick and can be used for a variety of dishes.

It would be a good opportunity for you guys to eat a somewhat unaccesible animal.

Rupert Willies
12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Now there is something. Maybe we could poach it in some fine olive oil?

Sanchez
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm open for any suggestions. But I've a feeling it'll be long time before I catch something like this again, so I'd like it to be successful.
Pan fried or deep fried (tempura?) with a simple salad might work as a starter.

headquarters
12-08-2010, 12:12 PM
holy shit.

the fish looks like a beast too.

Nothing too fancy ? I would like to taste the meat - never tried conger before.

Looking forward to it !

FMDeCorba
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Alrighty! Never-before-seen-fish and hardcore nerdtime in January!

I restate my standing invitation to the cabin, but I will of course go to town if this is in any way inconvenient for Sanchez. (Everything but staying at home is inconvenient for Mr. P., so that doesn´t count).

Cheers,

FMDc

Sanchez
12-10-2010, 01:59 AM
I would love to return to the cabin in the woods and sleep in my tent in minus 20 degrees once again. Unfortunately, the situation has forced me to put convenience above closeness to nature this time. Drunken driving is not highly appriciated in my country and the location of the FM cabin unfortunatly give me the choice of either:

1) Non-alcoholic dinner
2) Drunken driving
3) Spending the night in the woods, and suffering the consequences later

Since neither of these alternatives are particulary promising, I belive it's most convenient for me to join you on Saturday 8th of January in the city at GPs humble home with his well equiped kitchen.
This day is by the way the day before my birthday. For those of you determined to buy me expensive birthday gifts - I belive fine wines for that evening dinner are highest up on my list.

headquarters
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
GPs pad

be there or weep.

Rupert Willies
12-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Acknowledged

Sanchez
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
As far as I see Saturdays menu will consist of
1. Pan fried conger with ruccola and tomato salad (Sanchez)
2. Salt baked chicken with various accessories (Willies)
3. Cloudberry cream? or veiled farmergirls with cloadberries (No:"tilslørte bondepiker")

Now for the wines;
I am in favour of a white wine for the fish as we would surely have a light red one for the chicken anyway.
This needs to be discussed in detail.

Hope to see many of you on the 8th. I will be there.

headquarters
12-29-2010, 07:59 AM
have you considered the posssibilty of bubbly?

sparkling wines are nice compliments to both poultry and fish.

Rupert Willies
12-31-2010, 02:12 AM
One must ALWAYS consider bubbly! Not to do so would be a grave oversight in nearly all situations.

However, I do believe that a nice red or maybe even rosé would compliment the saltbaked chicken nicely.

As for the conger, I firmly stand by the bubblicious alternatives.

headquarters
12-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Ocho diaz my hermanos en el juego de rolo!

Sanchez
01-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Bubbely wine for the fish sounds radical and expreimental.
I was initially thinking of whites wines e.g. Rielsing-Trocken or a dry Chardonnay. If white wines are not appreciated we could go for wit beer.
These are tried and tested choices to white fish and are recommended by me.

I'm no expert when it comes to bubbely wine. If someone are, I'll take their advice...

theDevil
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Thats my advice....

Either way im all in for some gaming in january. Just give me a weeks notice.

I writeon my iPad right now, kind of a pain, with this autocorrection;
Reasons not to by it yet:
No cam, no skype Face time
No FLASH support, if i dont jailbreak it
Bluetooth is a joke on iPad, will only send and recive from other Apple products WTF

sanches i was not a coward, i was just less brave... ...god dam it you seen my shooting skills, i would be lucky hitting a wall of a barn, and that was if i was standing inside it... Hehe

headquarters
01-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Sessions start friday 7 of January. Ends Sunday 9th.

Better get that NSB ticket buddy !

Thats my advice....

Bluetooth is a joke on iPad, will only send and recive from other Apple products WTF

sanches i was not a coward, i was just less brave... ...god dam it you seen my shooting skills, i would be lucky hitting a wall of a barn, and that was if i was standing inside it... Hehe

theDevil
01-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Its going to be the bus though.... And if im lucky 3G iPad fun all the way... Yeah!!!

General Pain
01-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Bubbely wine for the fish sounds radical and expreimental.
I was initially thinking of whites wines e.g. Rielsing-Trocken or a dry Chardonnay. If white wines are not appreciated we could go for wit beer.
These are tried and tested choices to white fish and are recommended by me.

I'm no expert when it comes to bubbely wine. If someone are, I'll take their advice...

bubbly rules - but i have a very nice one from Leitz (riesling)

General Pain
01-03-2011, 09:11 AM
working on 7 - 9 = arbeider med å...

working the 7-9 means -I am working that date

I hope your studiesamling isnt English.

Lets try for 7-9th of Jan at GPs place in the ugly city!!

Who is with me !YARRRRR!!

priceless gutshot comment there....laughing loud @ work.

General Pain
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Thats my advice....

picture the wall of a barn as a wall of "barn"-----might help?

Sanchez
01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
bubbly rules - but i have a very nice one from Leitz (riesling)

If GP has a nice wine that's works for the fish, we'll settle for that.

headquarters
01-07-2011, 03:59 AM
just realized the recap for last session should be in this thread since this is for this round of sessions.

Hope everyone has had their naps and are ready for playtime when I get there tonight .

ETA 1925 hrs.

recap

Originally Posted by headquarters
For those not present or who were to slushed to remember - a brief after action report :

The party has been huddeling in an abandoned basement for over a week ,laid low by fatigue,gunshot wounds,infections and rad sickness.After the rations are gone they live of the mangy dogs,scrawny rats and filthy crows they are able to shot or trap.

Signs of the NDP manhunt operation drawing closer increase -and inevitably the partys end of the vast farming area is searched.

The party has prepared well,fortifyuing their house and have placed an IED on the access road.Two characters take up positions outside the house ,in a nearby building and under cover of vegetation in a nearby field.

A long line of squad sized units and trucks make up a cordon and search teams go in and routinely kick down all the doors,look in all the culverts,bayonet every haystack and so on.As a squad converge upon the partys house the tension rises more and more - and then in the last possible moment before they reach the house a string of shots ring out .3 NDP troopers drop wounded in their MOPP suits and shooting starts from several quarters.NDP squads double time it over the fields to get to cover and get a good firing position.Jeeps carrying LMGs starts speeding down the dirt roads hosing the building with machine gun fire.

The NDP squad closest to the house is caught in the open by the PCs ambush and break.The rout is a bloody one with all squad members being shot dead or wounded.Another squad takes up position in a nearby farmhouse only to be met with several rifle grenades and deadly sniper fire from the PCs.

The NDP take cover and start lobbing RPGs ath the partys farm house - they do not yet know what their enemy is ,and possibly suspect it to be ordinary marauders.Something about the fierce resistance makes the company commander wary though .

Another attempt to manouver squads to storm the house has to be given up due to an efficient counter barrage of rifle grenades from the house and more sniping .

Considering the amount of suppressive fire that whomever he has trapped in the house is taking from his troops without their resistance ending,the NDP commander figures its time for some support .He has now lost 10 men wounded, 6-7 KIAs and several vehicles are not responding on the comms and must be considered lost/destroyed.

He disengages his platoons and the area is cordoned of at safe distance .(What is safe distance from the party anyways?)
A dinged and bruised PainTek P-47/2000 roars in strafing the farmhouse with its .50 cal HMGs and lets fly a cluster of 66 mm rockets to boot. The barn is blown up and starts to smoulder and the house is perforated to am extent. This does not end the resistance ,however ,and NDP troops take fire as they move in again.

Certain that his enemy is a high value target ,by know, the NDP company commander calls in more CAS and concentrate on the house.

But by now the party has had enough - they decide to shoot their way out and take their chances in the open.
( Admittedly ,they didnt make the conlcusion jointly ,but start to run away in pairs or one by one

A second sortie of Paintek P-47/2000s arrive and 1 x 125 KG Paintek GP-2 Bomb (HE) hits the farmyard blowing the roof of the house clear of ,and collapsing the rest of the house in a heap of debris on top of the groundfloor of the building .

The partymembers in the house were Doc Johnson,IronMan and Fm.DeCorba.
IronMan and Johnson manages to crawl out of the debris ,and take of crawling along ditches and through the rotten fields ,always with bullets whizzing overhead.

DeCorba is nowhere to be found-not that anyone took any time to look .

Lt.Benito Tecumseh Pain and "Grease " Lincoln have had positions outside the farmhouse.They both try to slip away crawling through ditches and running through the rotten corn fields.The NDP pursue them relentlessly,getting as close as 20 meters before being routed by handgrenades and rifle fire.

Towards the end of the engagement the party has ( mysteriously ) all decided on the same course of action without really having any means to talsk about it .( No comms).They drag their wounded and dirty bodies along the bottom of a ditch towards an abandoned 4wd SUV that has been knocked out earlier in the fight.(Crew all sniped ).

The whole incident has taken around 1 hour and 40 minutes . Twilight -and the possible aid of darkness in slipping out is around 60 minutes away.

We will start the next session with the party crawling along the ditch towards the abandoned PainTek "Scout-2" 4WD.
Well-almost the whole party that is - DeCorba will start in another position .

FMDeCorba
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Alrighty!

Thanks for a good session - when will we return to the table?

I will as usual, repeat my standing invitation to the Unabomber cottage, but the main thing is we get together with candies, meat, grease, (maybe a little less) alcohol and the usual suspects.

Cheers,

dC

headquarters
01-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Alrighty!

Thanks for a good session - when will we return to the table?

I will as usual, repeat my standing invitation to the Unabomber cottage, but the main thing is we get together with candies, meat, grease, (maybe a little less) alcohol and the usual suspects.

Cheers,

dC

Very good .

Late march /early April has been suggested.

I will need exact dates proposed to plan this.

Who has an alternative ?

FMDeCorba
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Late March/ early april would entail for example:

25-27 March,

1-3 April

Or

8-10 April

General Pain
01-18-2011, 08:25 AM
when is easter again?

cuz then I'm headin south perhaps maybe

Rupert Willies
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM
A little bit of roleplaying during Easter would be nice.

Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd are holidays, so maybe we could fit a few game sessions in there? We have 4 whole days to work with...

In other news:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/01/23/nyheter/utenriks/teknologi/kina/luftfart/15168608/

Now we know how Headqarters finance his flambouyant jetset lifestyle; peddling F-117 artifacts to the Red Army!

FMDeCorba
01-25-2011, 03:55 AM
http://www.mvtf.org/contact.html

headquarters
01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.mvtf.org/contact.html

I am afraid GeneralPain already looted that one. Several of the vehicles took part in the 2nd battle of Bakersfield June 17th - 26th 2013.

Some might still be around though...

I found it quite interesting to take a look around inside the tower of a Panter.

FMDeCorba
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I reckoned it´d be long gone by now:)

Anyhoo - here´s something to burn a few calories:

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Rupert Willies
02-01-2011, 06:56 AM
AHAHAHAAAAAAAA That is the funniest reply I've ever read in my entire life! Russian salesperson WIN!!!

headquarters
02-01-2011, 08:24 AM
AHAHAHAAAAAAAA That is the funniest reply I've ever read in my entire life! Russian salesperson WIN!!!

The Russian guy brings up a little debated theme - the lack of sexual appliances for firearms from eastern europe

FMDeCorba
02-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, however you put it, I have to agree with the comrade - no need to crazy shit stick on all sides of weapon if you still no hit largest side of barn:)

headquarters
02-02-2011, 01:28 PM
the latest posts clearly show that everyones forum access is operational.

Lets see those dates suggested then....

Rupert Willies
02-03-2011, 03:11 AM
I love quoting myself:

A little bit of roleplaying during Easter would be nice.

Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd are holidays, so maybe we could fit a few game sessions in there? We have 4 whole days to work with...

In other news:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/01/23/nyheter/utenriks/teknologi/kina/luftfart/15168608/

Now we know how Headqarters finance his flambouyant jetset lifestyle; peddling F-117 artifacts to the Red Army!

And in still other news - lovely picture series from Chicago:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/02/02/nyheter/utenriks/usa/snover/chicago/15294457/

FMDeCorba
04-14-2011, 03:51 AM
So, have you all affixed your sex toys securely to your better-looking-than-skillfully-handled-rifles?

Whether or not you have followed proper dildo protocol I insist on knowing what the latest plan is, I insist!

Get the gist?

headquarters
04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
So, have you all affixed your sex toys securely to your better-looking-than-skillfully-handled-rifles?

Whether or not you have followed proper dildo protocol I insist on knowing what the latest plan is, I insist!

Get the gist?

yeah..you are obsessing about dildos again...

FMDeCorba
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Lol.. Obsessive as ever. HOWever, what I meant to incur that I was curious about any progress pertaining to the fixing of dates concerning the next nerd-a-thon.

headquarters
04-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Lol.. Obsessive as ever. HOWever, what I meant to incur that I was curious about any progress pertaining to the fixing of dates concerning the next nerd-a-thon.

last weekend of April?+

FMDeCorba
04-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Fine by me

headquarters
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
will try to fixate GP,SAnches and the souf crew.

Fine by me

Rupert Willies
04-18-2011, 06:06 AM
As per contract made known to me by way of radio (Short Message System) by Headquarters, I will make myself available on the weekend of 29th April - 1st May.

headquarters
04-18-2011, 08:12 AM
As per contract made known to me by way of radio (Short Message System) by Headquarters, I will make myself available on the weekend of 29th April - 1st May.

you got it.