RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RIP R Lee Ermey (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5643)

swaghauler 04-16-2018 12:42 PM

RIP R Lee Ermey

Godspeed Marine! May you rest in peace!

For those in this forum who don't know him;

Starred in Full Metal Jacket
Starred in On Deadly Ground
Starred in Space Above and Beyond
Starred in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Starred in The History Channel's Mail Call
Retired US Marine

Enfield 04-16-2018 01:09 PM

He played a good role in "Seven" as well.

Louied 04-16-2018 08:34 PM

Swag,

You forget:
The Boys in Company C (as of course a Marine DI)
Apocalypse Now (Huey Pilot 1/9 Cav)

Matt Wiser 04-16-2018 09:27 PM

He'll be missed. You need a hard-as-nails character, he could do it. And his Mail Call show was also good-back when the History Channel did history. The Gunny may be gone, but his work lives. Semper Fi.

copeab 04-18-2018 01:14 PM

Most importantly, he played the fathers of Greg House and Briscoe County Jr.

Raellus 04-18-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Wiser (Post 77908)
He'll be missed. You need a hard-as-nails character, he could do it. And his Mail Call show was also good-back when the History Channel did history. The Gunny may be gone, but his work lives. Semper Fi.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when they cancelled Mail Call. I didn't/still don't know why they did it. I imagine that it had really low overhead, and I got the impression that it pulled in pretty good ratings.

pmulcahy11b 04-19-2018 09:18 PM

Always wanted to meet him, though he seems to be a bit on the acerbic side. My stepmonster met him at a Marine Corps Ball in Quantico in the 1970s, when he was just starting his celebrity run -- I'm not far off the mark!

pmulcahy11b 04-19-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raellus (Post 77921)
Yeah, I was pretty bummed when they cancelled Mail Call. I didn't/still don't know why they did it. I imagine that it had really low overhead, and I got the impression that it pulled in pretty good ratings.

They still have regular reruns on the Military Channel of Mail Call, and I watch them, even though it seems I've watched each episode at least five times.

Silent Hunter UK 04-20-2018 03:03 PM

Rest in Peace.

Raellus 04-20-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 77931)
They still have regular reruns on the Military Channel of Mail Call, and I watch them, even though it seems I've watched each episode at least five times.

Military Channel still exists?!?

I thought it died years ago, or was transformed into another, much lamer, channel. I'll have to look into this.

copeab 04-20-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raellus (Post 77939)
Military Channel still exists?!?

I thought it died years ago, or was transformed into another, much lamer, channel. I'll have to look into this.

American Heroes, or somesuch.

pmulcahy11b 04-21-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copeab (Post 77940)
American Heroes, or somesuch.

No, there's both: Military Channel and American Heroes Channel. On my cable, right next to each other. Those two, Science, Nat Geo, and Smithsonian comprise most of what I watch these days.

copeab 04-23-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 77945)
No, there's both: Military Channel and American Heroes Channel. On my cable, right next to each other. Those two, Science, Nat Geo, and Smithsonian comprise most of what I watch these days.

Hmm. Well, I spend a lot of time at my friend's house, and she cut the cord several years ago. Even when I'm home, I watch few shows on satellite: Astros baseball, MLB network, Food Network, The Expanse.