RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   HQ - General Discussion (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   April session 2011 - dinner menu for Saturday (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=2825)

Sanchez 04-24-2011 11:27 AM

April session 2011 - dinner menu for Saturday

Now that the dates have been agreed,
I belive the most important 3 course dinner for Saturday must be agreed on.

Should we re-try the salt baked chicken that was promised in January?
Or what about a boulebaisse?
Game?
Human flesh?

I belive that I can a arrange for a nice sorbet for dessert if GP has the neccesary food processor?

Please submit your ideas.

FMDeCorba 04-26-2011 01:37 AM

R ö m e r t o p f

Rupert Willies 04-26-2011 06:27 AM

Saltbaked can be arranged! Who can supply poultry? We need two nice and fresh chickens, and a lot of salt!

headquarters 04-26-2011 06:45 AM

+1 saltbaked poultry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupert Willies (Post 33441)
Saltbaked can be arranged! Who can supply poultry? We need two nice and fresh chickens, and a lot of salt!

go for it

Sanchez 04-26-2011 07:04 AM

Food is good

I believe the "Prior" slaugherhouse supplies fresh, but dead chicken.

I can probably help supplying the food, but we'll need some planning.

Suggest the following:
  • I can shop the most critical supplies early on Saturday.
  • HQ gives me an estimate of when he is returing my car.
  • When the car is returned, we walk over to GP and shop the rest on the way.
I need to know whether GP has a blender which I can use to smash frozen fruit into tiny pieces, and/or machinery to create crushed ice. If not, I will come up with an alternative creation.

General Pain 04-28-2011 01:55 AM

reg.blender

no blender available.

FMDeCorba 04-29-2011 03:28 AM

R ö m e r t o p f

Gentlemen, I suggest once more the preeminent kitchen utensil the host has in his kitchen: the indomitable roman clay pot.

Not only does the food practically make itself, there is little risk of over-cooking and its all-in-one practicality makes it the ideal choice for a nerd-a-thon dinner.

In addition, there is an ample supply of recipes on the producer´s homepage:

http://www.roemertopf.de/english/rezepte_datenbank.php

(I should have been a salesman, I just convinced myself!)

headquarters 04-29-2011 04:19 AM

aahh..

only hours away ..

Rupert Willies 04-29-2011 04:43 AM

I and I is arriving at 1930

Rupert Willies 04-29-2011 04:49 AM

If it's a regular sized Römertopf, I think we're gonna have a hard time fitting 2 x chicken inside it. But we can try!

I heartily agree that it's a fine kitchen utensil, and fully stand by deCorbas endorsement of its use. Hell yeah, I own three of these myself, and would love to prepare a chicken au lemon or similar. Succulent and palatable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMDeCorba (Post 33510)
Gentlemen, I suggest once more the preeminent kitchen utensil the host has in his kitchen: the indomitable roman clay pot.

Not only does the food practically make itself, there is little risk of over-cooking and its all-in-one practicality makes it the ideal choice for a nerd-a-thon dinner.

In addition, there is an ample supply of recipes on the producer´s homepage:

http://www.roemertopf.de/english/rezepte_datenbank.php

(I should have been a salesman, I just convinced myself!)

FMDeCorba 05-02-2011 05:50 AM

food AND music

Chicken au Lemon + veiled peasant gals win!

Un-fortun-able it will be some time ´til next session..just as we were getting into the groove..

In the meantime, The Field Marshal will endorse a few epic japanese soundtracks for a variation upon the ubiquitous Brian Eno:

RAN

Kagemusha

Seven Samurai

headquarters 05-02-2011 02:06 PM

good times

I had a great weekend - and going back to work today was sort of a drag -even though I had my best day ever reeling in over 7500 brunost-credits.

:D

Sadly, I fear that the long wait until our next sessions is upon me..the boat house sessions ( if they are to be...?) are probably in August?

3 months or more.

I also felt that we were just getting into things a bit when we had to shut down. I take part blame for this ( as usual- YOU are mainly to blame for the slow going;) )

But this is the direction you have taken the campaign.Now its nitty gritty. Its back to the core with everyone counting their rations,their periods of rest and making every bullet count... Some of you have willingly given up on riches and privilige ( Willis, Sanchez, to some degree Takashi) and some have just lost it due to the tides of war and some poor choices - lets just say fate.

Now you have to game 2 hours and 25 minutes to take a bridge barred by a 5 foot earthen mound and two teenage girls with rusty bolt action rifles. You barter 20 minutes gaming time to get 10 kg potatoes more than offered.

You used to just have your orderly put up a sunscreen and a canvas chair and bring you an icebucket with some caviar and champagne while you had a subordinate call in CAS to sort out the delay up ahead. Watching those poor brave fellows in your frontline units being brought back on stretchers was tough. But you took it.Like men. ( And this Chablis isnt even chilled-its room temperature!!)

I would very much like your pms or emails or forum posts on the direction of the campaign - a neo classical style I like to call " new bad" - also since everything was improvised apart from the pictures ( from my extensive library of post apoc pics searched out over the years) and the fact of the flooding river and the manhunt- give me your brutal honesty on details and whatever else you want.

pros and cons.