RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Recovery & Salvage Agency (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3456)

James Langham 04-14-2012 03:52 PM

The Recovery & Salvage Agency

1 Attachment(s)
A short article about a possible PC group that is only semi-military.

As ever comments and suggestions welcomed for future version or expansion.

Adm.Lee 04-14-2012 06:48 PM

Nice. I like that a civil service was created to coordinate salvage, and that there would be a medal awarded. That's a very good way to commemorate a "we're all in this together" spirit.

Cdnwolf 04-14-2012 07:21 PM

Read the book Warday and they have something like it running in New York after it gets hit by the bomb.

James Langham 04-15-2012 01:37 AM

Great (or in my case not so great) minds think alike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdnwolf (Post 45165)
Read the book Warday and they have something like it running in New York after it gets hit by the bomb.

Ironically I've got it in my "to reread pile." Not read it since mid 1990s and was planning to mine for ideas!

Rainbow Six 04-15-2012 06:10 AM

That was a really good read - well done - I like it a lot.

One suggestion...Government Transition to War plans called for items of national importance to be evacuated from major Cities (I note you mention that things such as the Magna Carta were lost after having been removed from the British Museum). As far as I know plans called for these items to be moved to locations in places such as North Wales and Derbyshire (amongst others), so perhaps potential for RSA teams to ecome into contact with Welsh Separatist Forces and others?

Also, given the areas they were working in, perhaps they would have been issued some NBC kit?

James Langham 04-15-2012 11:33 AM

Thanks, I just left it at hints to allow GMs to place things where they like. I might make it a bit more obvious.

I had considered NBC suits but as UK ones are charcoal based I can't see even the military having enough so I left them out. I could be persuaded to include some or at least geiger counters & chemical sniffers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Six (Post 45172)
That was a really good read - well done - I like it a lot.

One suggestion...Government Transition to War plans called for items of national importance to be evacuated from major Cities (I note you mention that things such as the Magna Carta were lost after having been removed from the British Museum). As far as I know plans called for these items to be moved to locations in places such as North Wales and Derbyshire (amongst others), so perhaps potential for RSA teams to ecome into contact with Welsh Separatist Forces and others?

Also, given the areas they were working in, perhaps they would have been issued some NBC kit?

Olefin 04-16-2012 08:55 AM

How about this organization is where most of the men they brought home from Europe may have gone to? I.e. you get three squares, a tent and protection for both you and your family - you arent carrying a rifle now you are carrying a shovel

rcaf_777 04-16-2012 10:53 AM

hmm no metion of the Stone of Scone

James Langham 04-16-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcaf_777 (Post 45201)
hmm no metion of the Stone of Scone

Not in here anyway... I actually have a plan for it.

atiff 04-19-2012 07:16 AM

What about for the Scone of Stone? :)

Canadian Army 04-19-2012 08:42 AM

Stone of Scone

The Stone of Scone also known as the Stone of Destiny and often referred to in England as The Coronation Stone, is an oblong block of red sandstone, used for centuries in the coronation of the monarchs of Scotland and later the monarchs of England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Historically, the artifact was kept at the now-ruined Scone Abbey in Scone, near Perth, Scotland. Its size is about 26 inches (660 mm) by 16.75 inches (425 mm) by 10.5 inches (270 mm) and its weight is approximately 336 pounds (152 kg). The top bears chisel-marks. At each end of the stone is an iron ring, apparently intended to make transport easier. In 1296 the Stone was captured by Edward I as spoils of war and taken to Westminster Abbey, where it was fitted into a wooden chair, known as King Edward's Chair, on which most subsequent English sovereigns have been crowned. Since 1996 it has resided in Edinburgh Castle, where it remains along with the crown jewels of Scotland in the Crown Room. Provision has been made to transport the stone to Westminster Abbey when it is required there for future coronation ceremonies.