RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   update from the front (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5426)

mikeo80 06-03-2017 07:21 PM

update from the front

I have been AWOL for awhile now. My wife's craft store took a direct hit from hurricane Matthew. No one was hurt (Most Important) but there was a mess. The building her store is in was built in 1892. It was NOT designed to shrug off 25+ inches of rain.

Insurance and lots of elbow grease later....Her store is open this weekend. Full time open is still in the works, as there is STILL work to be done.

Now that the majority of the grunt work is over (for now) I will have time to participate in TMP again.

More later. It is Miller time.

My $0.02
Mike

kato13 06-04-2017 06:37 AM

Great to see you back.

Glad you are safe and things are progressing towards normalcy.

-Kato

ArmySGT. 06-04-2017 03:00 PM

Welcome bakk.

Lots of reading for you to absorb here.

mikeo80 06-10-2017 05:21 PM

More good news

Lisa's store has now been open for two weekends. Sales have been fairly good. Still working toward full time, but one step at a time.

My $0.02

Mike

mikeo80 07-25-2017 06:06 PM

Now What>>>

More news, and not good.

We were setting up part of the store. We moved some things from here to there and came face to face with black mold.

Now Everything is in hold. We are waiting for the lab results to see just what the hell we found, and what the next step should be.....

Frustrated as hell......

My $0.02

Mike

ArmySGT. 07-25-2017 08:12 PM

Don respirator.

Bleach and scrub.

Bleach and scrub.

gamerguy 07-25-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmySGT. (Post 75019)
Don respirator.

Bleach and scrub.

Bleach and scrub.

I think you need to check first. Some can be really bad for you and needs to be done by professionals. Not what you want to hear but may keep you alive.

dragoon500ly 07-26-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerguy (Post 75020)
I think you need to check first. Some can be really bad for you and needs to be done by professionals. Not what you want to hear but may keep you alive.

He's right,take no chances with black mold, get it tested, and removed by professionals.

mikeo80 07-26-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon500ly (Post 75021)
He's right,take no chances with black mold, get it tested, and removed by professionals.

We agree. Mold removal company came to test. We abandoned ship. We will see.

my $0.02

Mike

dragoon500ly 07-26-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeo80 (Post 75022)
We agree. Mold removal company came to test. We abandoned ship. We will see.

my $0.02

Mike

If the mold test comes back positive, your wife and you will need to see a doctor. After Hurricane Katrina, my family had to go on asthma medication, including inhalers.

Good luck!

mikeo80 10-18-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon500ly (Post 75021)

Sorry for the delay. It has been very exasperating. We had the mold abatement people in. The evident mold is gone! Then we had air quality people in to test.....

Un Real....

There is still mold....somewhere....and it is biologically similar to penicillin...

Guess what, me, my wife and the land lord are all allergic to penicillin. It kind of explains the "yucks" we have all felt for the last several months.

Wonderful!!!

So more experts are on the way!!!! Trying to find the source of the mold.

Head back down.....Nose to grindstone.

My $0.02

Mike