RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Three character words allowed in search again (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=4925)

kato13 08-14-2015 02:31 AM

Three character words allowed in search again

Made an update to the system to allow three character words to be searched.

On this forum given how much alphabet soup we use (TDM, DIA, KGB, GRU) having such a search is really helpful.

This is an annoying problem that surfaces from time to time. The default for both the database and the software is words of 4 characters and above. This is a security measure to prevent sites from being overloaded by multiple searches of the word "the" or such.

I have changed it at least 2 times before and weirdly it seems to reset itself. It might be due to database updates, but I am not positive that is the fact. If you ever see this issue again shoot me a PM as I did not discover it until I searched for EPA and got nothing.

Thanks
kato

Cdnwolf 08-14-2015 07:20 AM

So if I put in "naked crocodile wrestling" only pictures of Targan should show up?

kato13 04-06-2017 11:20 PM

Did a database update recently and again I think it turned off 3 character searches.

Reset it to allow it and rebuilt the database indexes (in case any of you noticed a slowdown earlier as it was very CPU intensive for about 5 min).

James Langham2 04-07-2017 01:21 AM

Great we can start to search for TLAs again (TLA = Three Letter Acronyms) :)

lordroel 04-07-2017 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13 (Post 66313)
Made an update to the system to allow three character words to be searched.

On this forum given how much alphabet soup we use (TDM, DIA, KGB, GRU) having such a search is really helpful.

This is an annoying problem that surfaces from time to time. The default for both the database and the software is words of 4 characters and above. This is a security measure to prevent sites from being overloaded by multiple searches of the word "the" or such.

I have changed it at least 2 times before and weirdly it seems to reset itself. It might be due to database updates, but I am not positive that is the fact. If you ever see this issue again shoot me a PM as I did not discover it until I searched for EPA and got nothing.

Thanks
kato

Americans seems to love Three Letter Acronyms.

bobcat 04-07-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordroel (Post 73826)
Americans seems to love Three Letter Acronyms.

well three is a prime number. ;)

kato13 04-07-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordroel (Post 73826)
americans seems to love three letter acronyms.

USA!

USA!

lordroel 04-08-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kato13 (Post 73838)
USA!

USA!

And that is why the country with the four letter acronym, the USSR lost the Cold War, nothing beats the three letter acronym.

simonmark6 04-08-2017 04:57 AM

Best one of all, TNA.