RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Modeling The M84 Flashbang Grenade (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5700)

swaghauler 07-27-2018 06:44 PM

Modeling The M84 Flashbang Grenade

I am at the point where I need to standardize my rules regarding "Distraction Devices" and how they stun. I have been using STUN for Concussion/Impact rounds (like shotgun beanbag rounds) but my players recently acquired a few M84 Flashbangs for an OP. Here's my initial thought on how to do it.

M84 Flashbang Grenade: Wt: 0.25kg, Bulk: 0.8 (I use Bulk in ENC), Burst Radius: 2m*, Price: $50 S/S.
A blinding and deafening explosion producing 6 million Candela and 180 Decibels and capable of igniting flammable materials inside its 2m Casualty Radius (0n a 1 in 20).

I would roll for FRAGMENTATION as though the flashbang were a Frag grenade, anyone facing away would be treated as one fragmentation band farther away (ie secondary burst radius). Each "frag hit" would be 1D10 and ALL the "frag hits" would then be added together and then divided by the various target's/victim's CON scores to determine how many 1-Second Initiative Steps they would be affected by the grenade.

Any thoughts on an alternative method guys?

* I have 4 Fragmentation ranges.
The Casualty Radius (1/2 RAW Burst Radius) where Concussion and Frag are full value.
The Primary Burst Radius (RAW's normal Burst) where Concussion is HALVED but Frag chances remain the same.
The Secondary Burst Radius (1.5 X RAW Burst) where there is only Fragmentation.
The Tertiary Burst Radius (2 X RAW Burst) with a reduced chance of Frag.

unkated 07-30-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaghauler (Post 78705)
I am at the point where I need to standardize my rules regarding "Distraction Devices" and how they stun. I have been using STUN for Concussion/Impact rounds (like shotgun beanbag rounds) but my players recently acquired a few M84 Flashbangs for an OP. Here's my initial thought on how to do it.

Check and see if flashbangs are covered in Merc:2000. I recall that they are, but its been a while since I paged through it.

Uncle Ted

.45cultist 07-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkated (Post 78722)
Check and see if flashbangs are covered in Merc:2000. I recall that they are, but its been a while since I paged through it.

Uncle Ted

Merc or Special Operations.

The Zappster 07-31-2018 03:33 AM

It's in the new ammunition section of Merc 2000.

The Zappster 07-31-2018 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 4140
Hope I've done this right. The file converter on my phone didn't do a great job, but you can still read it.

swaghauler 08-01-2018 02:09 PM

Thanks for the input guys. The Devs really got the M84 WRONG. Too heavy and too cheap.

Legbreaker 08-01-2018 09:46 PM

Remember the price reflects their value in T2K, not reality.
In times of war, who wants a grenade that only stuns anyway? If you can't nuke 'em from orbit, at least fill them with shrapnel.

StainlessSteelCynic 08-02-2018 01:18 AM

Worth mentioning too, that the stats were for generic flash-bang grenades rather than any specific model.
The listed price and availability is for Merc: 2000 rather than Twilight: 2000 (there were some large differences in cost & availability of items between the two).