RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   HQ - General Discussion (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   S08E03 " Into the hungry dark" (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3637)

headquarters 07-24-2012 03:22 PM

S08E03 " Into the hungry dark"

Bakersfield secure zone 2.26.2020. Surface temperature - 12 C*.

Moving hastily from the ruckus behind them in the bar, all of them scrambled hand over foot down the gravel and dirt in the narrow tunnel. Muted shots sounded from the bar room. The discovery of their murderered comrades outside the bar would have angered the patrolmen.

With some haste the party pressed on like rats in a flooding pipe.

Doc turned to Pain Jr. and DeCorba and said with a wry smile - "oh yeah.I forgot to mention that one of us gets picked to stay down here forever. Or he could of course choose mortal combat".

It was narrow. They crawled on for several minutes in silence. In places just squeezing by. Larry- shirt somehow still meticulously white- slid his briefcase in front of him and scampered on ahead. The tunel eventually widened some. The panting group could finally ease their backs and get up into a crouched walk some moments later.

" Get that NV kit of your head man!" Larry sounded angry. "Only the Kings men get to wear those. You want to end up as fodder? No? Well you better listen good". The others looked at eachother. Was everyone thinking the same? NV kit was slipped carefully into pockets ready at a moments notice.

Carefully avoiding slippery stones and nervously threading past sharp stalagtites and opaquely black puddles the five men entered the caves. Behind them the faint light of the passageway was gone some time ago. Someone had apparantly slid the trapdoor back into place. Pain Jr.shone a bright LED light that split the dark backwards behind the slowly advancing line of men.

" Stop that" the guide Larry- hissed. "You will get them angry."

The light was put out and the yellowish faint light of weaker battery lamps and the muted lights from rags being held in front of them guided them further. Their steps no took them passed a cavernous hall of sorts, huge columns of unknown and ancient stone holding the roof up - or were they mere natural formations ? Higher up on the columns some sort of markings seemed to be jutted over their expanse. But then again - it could be only sediments in the rock.

Larry swept an arm across the rom and pointed. "Dont go wandering of now. I would hate for one of you to step on a mine. Its messy. And this shirt is brand new. Also entrails attracts rats - lots of rats. And I is gone and left my fucking flute back in my crib man. So dont."

The party advanced in silence for the better part of half an hour, Larry navigating the seemingly pitch black caverns as if guided by voices. At times he would stop and throw his head back and crane his neck as if listening. Sometimes he shone a lamp and mused for minutes at pebbles. The only sound in the underground warrens the faintest drip from water sliding of the craggy roofs.

Their advance seemed like a perilous one. Their number were huddled together in a tight row as per Larrys instructions so no one would misstep. Their lights were kept subdued by holding rags over them to stunt their reach.They were like a tiny blot of faint yellow light slowly drifting a weaving path across an immense pond of black darkness.

Soon they entered halls and warrens with signs of habitation. Piles of debris and bone and waste lay smelling at intervalls. Some faint fluorescence shone almost invisibly from unseen hallways
further out in the dark. They onlly sounds to have been heard so far apart from their own ragged beath had been a slow drip of droplets of water falling from the vaults above their heads. Now a near inaudible whisper insinuated itself into the dark around them. At first so faint that it was like imagination and memory. But soon it grew and seemed to seep out of the blackness around them from many locations and it mixed together like a muted, faint whipsering choir of voices. Sometimes one of them would believe he had heard a single articulation, but mostly it was like the far trickle of a stream of words. All the while no one was seen. Distant and incomprehensive the voices were - just barely there. Each man gripped his weapons tighter and plodded on - peering into the dark all around. It was not cold down here - but neither was it warm. The sweat on their brows flowing cold from the constant strain of peering into darkness and of imagining the darkness and all it held looking back at them from the black depths.

At last the guide turned to his charges and nodded.

" I can go no further. These caverns all lead to the throne room. Just keep on going straight as soon as I am gone and you will see. Do not stop until someone hails you. I wish you luck. Not that it will matter. Here is a word to the wise - dont shine your lights on anyone. It means that you are attacking them, see.And present a really nice gift.It might not save you - but it can`t hurt."

Larry turned and flashed a light in a rapid series of two muted glimpses.

Soundlessly he turned and retraced his steps.Within seconds he was disappearing into the dark. Just before his form was engulfed in shadows he was seen to turn and whisper " You are inside.."

As they turned to observe the hall ahead the shadows seemed to come alive and glide soundlessly towards them from both sides of the hall as soon as they took the first step onwards.

As soon as you know - lets hear those dates !!

headquarters 10-09-2012 02:15 PM

s08e03 - session

either it is:

9/11 - 11/11

16/11 - 18/11

23/11-25/11

7/12-9/12

post your date asap. Shall Oslo be the crimescene?? GP?

FMDeCorba 10-11-2012 03:19 PM

9/11 - 11/11 or 7/12-9/12, pretty please, Iīll host if nobody else does

NPCs galore:

http://per-looks.tumblr.com/

FMDeCorba 10-16-2012 04:04 AM

Come on!

Will we not have another geek-a-thon before next year? Thatīs outrageous - besides, the world will end on december 21st 2012, so this is it.

Imagine this shuffling along on the prairie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrpanzer

And again, Iīll recommend a peek at the incredible selection of Finnish characters here:

http://per-looks.tumblr.com/

They are all local candidates for Perussuomalaiset, the Finnish national party - a bunch of hardcore Finns by the look of it.

General Pain 10-16-2012 07:57 AM

9-11 nov

Place of bloodbath confirmed.

Casa del Insplicable Pain in the dungeons of the bloody crypts of the revenge of the return..

why not Zoidberg?

FMDeCorba 10-16-2012 09:12 AM

FI-nally! Goodie - see you all there

Might wanna call around/send email to get everyone up to speed

headquarters 10-17-2012 05:25 AM

Incoming communication: Nerdathon confirmation pending

Please hold for up to 48 hrs for confirmation of this units participation

headquarters 10-18-2012 08:40 AM

No go 10.11.12

Quote:

Originally Posted by headquarters (Post 50760)
Please hold for up to 48 hrs for confirmation of this units participation

Its the annual Joletable for my workplace. Cant miss it. Obligated to go.
Looking into 7-9 December

FMDeCorba 10-20-2012 06:04 AM

AW shit.

Now Iīve said yes to work on december 9th, couldnīt turn it down really..

Oh, well - If Iīll just make it to the first half, then so be it - otherwise the very first week of november is an option perhaps? Seemed to be ok with casa Melvoll, ja?

General Pain 10-23-2012 02:06 AM

hmm

So 9-11 is a no-go
how about

2-4 of nov.?

16-18 nov?

23-25 - is not possible

30nov-2des ?

FMDeCorba 10-24-2012 06:53 AM

2-4 is possible, but very very soon!

16-18 is difficult - going to an occult meeting on the 17th, no kidding:)

23-25 absolutely not possible

30 nov- 2nd dec. possible, but again, difficult

after that - i have work on the weekend and then itīs hey ho -letīs christmas!

headquarters 10-24-2012 08:27 AM

trying for a new date

7th of dec to 9th of dec not possible??

Its what I got guys.

Or Else it is January 2013.

FMDeCorba 10-29-2012 02:05 PM

Well, I have to work on the 9th, so thatīll cut it short for me.
But donīt let that stop you - Iīll show up the first night in any case.

Sanchez 10-31-2012 05:51 AM

Ok

I can every weekend, but will probably only show up one of the days.

General Pain 11-07-2012 12:47 PM

is there...

....consencus for 9-11of dec?

Could all available participants please put yes or no - no excuses - just a ffing AY or NEY

Sorry for the lingua...but this usually has been possible without issues...

-GP

To lighten the mood here is a joke:

How does a welshman find a sheep in high grass??
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-very satisfying ....

headquarters 11-07-2012 02:33 PM

Fridag the 7th to sunday the 9th is ok by me. Ay!

I am confirming the weekend . I understand decorba,sanches and pain also confirming ?
Willis and devil?

Sanchez 11-08-2012 05:43 AM

AY

Looking forward to this

FMDeCorba 11-08-2012 06:36 AM

Jawohl

Yeah!

Will be present with aforementioned limitations.

headquarters 11-08-2012 12:51 PM

fery fell,gentlemen! We zhall haf ze most delightfol zime!!

Ja!

Tickets booked .

Arriving friday at app 1900 at GPs pad.

Departing sunday morning at app 1200

Just heard from the devil - he will be there.

See ya.

headquarters 11-13-2012 09:33 AM

dinner - saturday

Have the following:

1 kg deer roast ( calf-yearling)

0,5 kg duckbreast ( Teal)

0,4 kg filčt Black Cormorant

will gladly provide meat but not other ingredients. Oslo people must get!!

and PLEASE:

remind me to pack it on Thursday he 6th of december!!

Sanchez 11-20-2012 04:29 AM

Dinner Saturday

I will gladly construct nice meal from this

headquarters 11-21-2012 09:43 AM

duck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanchez (Post 51736)
I will gladly construct nice meal from this

No orange sauce duck please.

Otherwise I will bring it all. Maybe we can make a beer snack out of the black bird..

Sanchez 11-23-2012 05:22 AM

Norwegian animal!

Menu for Saturday

Gravskarv, egg yolk, pickles & capers
Saltbaked steak of young deer, potatoes, carrots & sauce

Bring wine - this could be good.

Maybe some of you can cook a dessert, otherwise coffee is good too.

headquarters 11-25-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanchez (Post 51814)
Menu for Saturday

If no fancypants dessert is available I ask for caramel pudding/sauce from the store bought packets. Or similar. Although I think a simple fruitsalat with custard would top the meal of nicely too.

headquarters 11-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanchez (Post 51814)
Menu for Saturday

no duck ? Tell me if I should bring some.

headquarters 11-25-2012 12:44 PM

Menu for friday

how about the Ribbe?

Its pretty easy and it certainly goes well with beer.

FMDeCorba 11-29-2012 07:51 AM

I strongly suggest:

1. Lightly roasted canard naturelle with fond sauce for mains, followed by a light sprinkling of assorted intoxicants.

2. Montana campaign slot Friday.

3. General Merriment, Alternatively Major Entertainment

4. Please respond, or I shall simply have to assume :D

General Pain 12-03-2012 02:29 AM

'Regarding Saturday

I reserve as host the right to choose D&D on most of Saturday.
If we are effective friday - we can offcourse continue T2K on early saturday

Hostmaster out.

headquarters 12-05-2012 01:48 AM

close to going loud

Yes my fellow Nerdians!

Black cormorant brewing in whiskey

maps aquired 75 %

wife has given green light.

Time to settle the slots -

1 Friday evening

2. Saturday noon until early evening

3. Saturday night.

Please GMs, make your bid according to actual material and not stipulated ad lib activity expectancy.

I need a long haul. Who else?

FMDeCorba 12-05-2012 08:36 AM

No need for a very ong haul in Montana - preferably Friday evening.