RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Halloween eve / night of the dead (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5544)

Antenna 11-12-2017 05:29 PM

Halloween eve / night of the dead

2 weeks ago we over here in Sweden we got out and lighted candels on the graves. I honored my step dad with a visit at his grave... remebering what he was and ashived.

The same I will honor TR with a memory.
Tim was allways be stresed but thankful that I checked his page from broken links.

Antenna

StainlessSteelCynic 11-21-2017 06:28 AM

Hey Antenna, just wanted to share some memories of mine about TR with you.

I had some minor contact with him many years ago away from the forums, he was using an email address that was the callsign of one of the X-Wing pilots from Star Wars Epsidode IV. I asked him about it and we shared a few emails about our favourite scenes from the Star Wars movies and we also swapped some information about various military weapons.
I seem to remember that he never hesitated to share information that could help another gamer, particularly when it came to Twilight: 2000 or Dark Conspiracy. I remember meeting him on the first T2k forum I was ever on and that was in 2001 or 2002. He was on every other T2k forum I joined after that first one shut down and it's a damned pity that he's no longer with us.

kato13 11-21-2017 05:29 PM

Moved from the archive. This seems like a better place for it.

Did not know TR well but was around for his loss.

Glad people can share memories here.

StainlessSteelCynic 11-21-2017 08:56 PM

Cheers Kato :)
It's one thing for someone from the community to lose interest in the game and drift away but TR died relatively young and while he was still very much interested in Twilight: 2000, Merc: 2000 and Dark Conspiracy (plus he was also contributing material for one of the Star Trek RPGs and I think also the James Bond RPG).
He was a very active member (and not just on gaming forums, but also some military and police forums) until he got too ill to continue so his loss has become, in my opinion, more significant now that there's far fewer websites dedicated to GDW games.

Nowhere Man 1966 12-02-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic (Post 76495)
Cheers Kato :)
It's one thing for someone from the community to lose interest in the game and drift away but TR died relatively young and while he was still very much interested in Twilight: 2000, Merc: 2000 and Dark Conspiracy (plus he was also contributing material for one of the Star Trek RPGs and I think also the James Bond RPG).
He was a very active member (and not just on gaming forums, but also some military and police forums) until he got too ill to continue so his loss has become, in my opinion, more significant now that there's far fewer websites dedicated to GDW games.

I miss TR too :( IIRC, He also did pages for Shadowrun too, I remember when he was ill with his lymphoma, one of my cats passed away from lymphoma and he came on to comfort me when Pansy, my little diluted calico cat, (she was 19) passed away. He was an avid cat lover too. Lymphoma is one of the caners that can be beat pr at least managed for a long time but as we know from this unfortunately, things can still go wrong. He was also a Stargate SG-1 fan too. I wish he was still here. He saw my mother's (I lost her 4 years ago last month, inflammatory breast cancer) penmanship too and thought it was very elegant.

pmulcahy11b 12-03-2017 02:51 PM

It was a great honor when he asked me to put his site on mine. He gave me permission to download his entire site (what bandwidth that must have cost him!) and to put up after he passed. I'm honored to be carrying on his memory and that of his site.