View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:45 AM

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Can we please stop with the Michael Jackson thing! A kid in our school sang at the guy's funeral and I'm so sick of it all that I've locked myself in my room for the summer holidays and this forum was one of the few places I thought I'd be safe from the invidious presence of it all.

The kid's nice enough, I've nothing against him and wish him all the luck in the world, I'm just sick of the media hype over Jackson.

It's similar to when Diana died, I remember twenty-eight hours straight of news about that and footage of her looking dewy eyed over sick rabbits and then heard a six second sound bite that said: "Oh, by the way, mother Teresa died as well, we will never know hoe Diana felt about this..."

Mother Teresa! OK, she had an unhealthy tea towel addiction but the woman was a saint anyway you want to use the word. Diana, however was much more interesting to the media, maybe the good mother should have had a fling with Desmond Tutu.

Anyway, vent over, but please, no more about MJ, or at least keep it to this thread, I won't read it anymore.