View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius
I'm curious as to why you consider the equipment selection poor. I'll admit that we don't have as much in the way of military small arms as 2.0/2.2 did, but the civilian selection is much larger (if anyone's interested about the reasoning behind that design decision, there's a discussion of it over in the 93GS weapons forum). As for non-weapon equipment... maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but the 2013 core book has 36 pages of non-weapon personal gear, compared to six in the 2.0 core. That doesn't really feel "poor" to me, but I'm a bit biased...

- C.
OK, it seems you haven't read all my posts.

First, I have seen the discussion going on at your website and as I said, I found your point very well defended. Actually, I advised people to go and check it as I really found it interesting. I might still have registered there but I don't have time to talk in tow places, sorry about that.

Second, one of the weak point I found comes from the lack of illustration and also from the general feeling given by that section. I understand that you had to make a choice but I don't agree with many of them (again that's personnal). For exemple, the Warrior is only used by UK and would be found in very small number. In addition you chose the BMP-2, why not, but it would have been wiser in my opinion to still get the BMP-1 (still in much wider service). The TPz-1 is one of the very rare vehicle. Moreover, you lack more modern vehicles except for the striker (used by US only). In addition I found the list of lighter or specific vehicle (mine resistant) a little poor (too generalist) while I haven't seen any aircraft. I liked your civilian section so but I have trouble finding what these vehicles stand for (still from the lack of illustrations). Nevertheless, all that comes from personnal taste and expectations. Then, I'm waiting from the coming add-on and I know from personnal experience that editing an RPG is not that easy, and finding an illustrator is hell. So don't let people down and keep up with the good work. As I said, I have already seen very interesting points in the rules and as you said, adapting the older materials might not be that hard (but with time going by, I'm getting leasy).

Finally, I never ran in the 2.0 version but the v.2.2 had more than 70 pages. I don't remeber for the v.1.0 but that is a much lighter book.