View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Nate,

Boltholes are pretty survivable and almost unaffected by anything but a direct hit, especially airbursts (ground or subsurface bursts, not so much). I think you deploy several boltholes and installations, as long as the risk is acceptable.

In general, I like when Canada isn't lumped in completely with the USA. There was no Nunuvat (yet) in the canon timeline, and either way, there are probably far too many teams for the North considering the scarce population and resources. Although the Yukon would have more than the NWT (more resources and population).

I would strongly suggest a kind of "national command post", not necessarily a second Prime (at least in terms of supply capability) but at least a central planning and command centre for Canadian regions, like a regional head office. As well, the Canadian government and/or military would want to deal with someone specific that's responsible for Canada that is not located in a foreign nation.

Tony
Hi Tony,

My idea for Canada is this.... Alaska and Canada is so much wide open spaces, with so few missile targets that the Project build all of their BULK storage centres in those regions (thus the personnel assigned to such low-population regions, they know they'd be reassigned to other locations throughout North America 'as needed').

Canada has always been one of my locations of a mini-Prime Base that would be directly tied in with the Regional Canadian Command Centres that is located in Nunavut (a central location on the Hudson Bay). Each Regional Command Centre is tied to MPNET... the Shadow Internet that Morrow Project had set-up.

Also Teams that are suppose to function EXCLUSIVELY in Canada are predominately made up of Canadian Citizens. And I can see the Canadian Government being in on the Project at its highest levels, knowing that when TEOTWAWKI Event occurs that they would have a lot of help coming once things stabilized.

I had plans for a story that dealt with the descendants of FEMA and Mount Weather seeing the Morrow Project as being something they have exclusive control over since they are from BEFORE TEOTWAWKI Event, and thus directly under their authority.

Alaska and Canada has so much open spaces where no one is at, that just begs for top-secret bunkers and facilities to be placed there. The large storage Depots and factories of the Project would be located in those areas... we know that the Project was set up by industrialists, what would stop them from putting underground factories in strategic locations for use during the 'pinch' times when they are having to rebuild the infrastructure throughout North America?

While the Morrow Project is dedicated to rebuilding the United States of America... It's not to rebuild the USA as it is today, but to restore the Republic and the Ideals that inspired 'The American Dream'... A land of limited government intervention in the lives of it's citizens. Where a person with a dream can come and build it from nothing.

THAT is the true Goal of the Project in my opinion.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.