Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Bring on the thunder...

Default MP Branch Structure Suggestions

Hello...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Some very minor criticism/suggestions

Change "Command & Control' to "C4I"
Well, I would tend to believe that C4I could work. Of course if it were up to me, I would use both. Command & Control would be used in Combined Operations Groups at state level, while C4I would be improved Command & Control teams that are at divisional or regional level.

Quote:
Change the "Law Enforcement" Team to "Emergency Services Team" (a wider role that would include Fire & Rescue training)
That's a good idea. Teams with fire & rescue training could be useful in the long run. After all, you don't exactly send an ambulance to a house fire with HAAM suits and guns blazing like MARS teams. Those guys would be like the SWAT teams of the Project. And the RAT teams? Let's just say that if they have to be called in, all the gloves are off.

Quote:
Change "Psychological Operations Team" to "Public Engagement Teams" or "Public Information Teams" (sounds a little less scary)
That could also work.

Quote:
Add a (small) Legal Team somewhere. Even the Morrow Project needs something like a JAG function
I like that. Of course, to me it would probably be implemented at divisional, regional, or even national level, rather than one for every state. In fact, there could even be one at Council of Tomorrow level, as they had to find Krell somehow...

Quote:
Transportation Branch: Change "Maritime" to "Coastal, River & Maritime"
they could operate everything from barges to boats like the Swedish CB90 http://wn.com/swedish_cb90
That's interesting. Perhaps we could name them CRM teams?

Quote:
Add a Meteorological Team somewhere (possibly to the Transportation Branch?)
This is a team I tend to believe would be moderately common. There could probably be one for every COG, and there will probably be more at divisional, regional, and national level, forming a large meteorological network. After all, as the comedian Ron White once said about a hurricane (In which a guy tied himself to a tree to prove that he could withstand one without having to evacuate...):

"It's not that the wind is blowin'. It's what the wind is blowin'."

While Ron White referred to a Volvo, I tend to think of the fallout and biowar weapons that are crisscrossing the atmosphere. While the biological weapons would be less effective, the fallout would go on for a very long time. And they would have to watch that.

Well that's all I have to say. Take care and have a good night!

whassupman03