View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:17 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

That is the entire point by Spring or early Summer 2001 there may be enough withdrew/faded away/change sides from in between the German III Corps and the US XI Corps?

Then the next question is how much of the of the forces left in this area are Pro-NATO and if they would it be more productive to keep the XI Corps there to keep their portion of Poland stabilized long enough for the for NATO friendly government in Poland to take control of their region.

With the US and UK largely out of the fight. What is left of NATO on the main land have to turn their attention toward rebuilding and consolidating. I am sure there would be number of troops who would want to leave for home in the XI Corps, but I don't see Germany, Danish, Sweden, or any other government that was still left in NATO in 2001 being willing to support such a move. As a whole what remains of NATO would be disappointed in both the US and UK for their leaving them high and dry. Not many of the Governments could blame the US or UK doing so.

What real value would the US and/or the UK would get out of the XI Corps even if they were able to withdraw the remains of the Corps including the the remains of the II MEF which would have collapse upon the 2nd Marine Division. I am sure the remains of the various elements of German, Polish, and Danish Governments would love to keep the XI Corps in their region to help rebuild.