View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Hey guys,

I'm getting a group together for the T2k game, and a player who is a long-time friend of mine has expressed some interest but he wants something beyond merely hardscrabble survival. I suggested running a DIA (or CIA) character in the guise of a Special Forces (or even regular) character with an agenda that may (or may not) run cross-purpose to getting out of the Kalisz pocket alive.

Since I don't want him to be the "GMs pet", I was wondering, short of making everyone CIA/DIA/MI5 etc. has anyone got any "background hooks" that might make for more interesting gaming if I could lay them on all characters?
Their was interesting enough a Special Forces ODA that was traveling in the wake of the 5th Mechanized Division as well as the one troop from 116th. If you have Free City of Kalisz it explains the mission of the Special Forces unit and Black Modonna explains what the Troop of the 116th did afterwards.

Check them out if you have them for some alternatives. Or you they could be ODA that tagged along who going to Warsaw or out to find 10th Guard Tank Division to guide it toward NATO instead of down to Yugoslavia....

Just some thoughts.