View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
180 grains of diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVI View Post
I've never fired on myself but the barrett is dat dere sexy. it's the sniper rifle of my pc.
By Barrett, I assume you mean the M82A1 or one of their other .50 BMG rifles. (They do make them in a variety of calibers, you know.) The M82A1 shoots nice, but you really start to notice the recoil after a few shots, plus it's a boat anchor.

I've had the privilege of shooting more exotic firearms in my life than I can even count (ask Rockwolf; he can tell you about me). If I were sniping for a living, and had to schlep my primary long gun up and down the mountains of east Asscrackistan, my rifle of choice would be the AMP DSR-1, in .338 Lapua. It's incredibly accurate, comparatively light-weight, ergonomically friendly, holds a zero extremely well (even when handled roughly), and it breaks down easily. As a bonus, it's modular, so you can configure it to suit your next mission. Oh, and let's not forget the additional detail that I can carry seven rounds for this at the same weight of one round of .50 BMG. (FYI, the AI AWM would have been my other choice in this caliber, but it weighs an additional kilo.)

Anyway, just my two cents worth.