View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Officers are actually allowed to tailor their uniforms no matter the nationality... and some enlisted actually got away with tailoring their uniforms to 'fit & look better'

Oh lordy...it's not actually quite so much anything to do with uniforms, but...when I was a civilian contractor, for a bit I ran jobs between the various Navy sites in Hampton Roads. At Little Creek I was at one of the SEAL's quarters (think it was Team 8, not sure, I visited several) and had to speak with the admin about some machine issues they needed me to look at. Well, most of the admin were women, but they were out there doing morning PT with the rest of the SEALS as it turned out (mostly anyway)...and good lord, if the woman I had to speak with hadn't just come back from PT, she looked GOOD, and she had only on a tshirt and a pair of shorts almost so damn high they could have been classified as Daisy Duke shorts!

Of course, I ended up gawking for a moment, but even as a civilian still remembered my professional bearing and conferred with her professionally. Of course, she noticed my gawking but only smirked and seemed to take it all in stride, as though to say "What can I say? I DO look that good."

So anyway, now I know the secret to some of the SEAL team members motivation to get up every day.
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake