View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
Ah - maybe I'm misremembering fan-submitted weapon stats as requests for stats that you kindly detailed and then collated in the rules addendum.
Oh, there was a huge thread of requests. I just wasn't statting out many of them because, at the time, it would've interfered with product plans for future supplements.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer though - it's most appreciated and I'll certainly take you up on it. The key ones to start with are the Mk 48 Mod 0 and the Mk 48 Mod 1 machineguns. I don't think that they're in any of the published books but if they are then please point me in the right direction and I'll go and look them up there.
As far as I can tell from a quick check, the primary difference between the two is a few ounces of weight and different cyclic rates. They look pretty similar:

FN Mk. 48 (Squad Automatic Weapon)

Caliber: 7.62x51mm
Capacity: belt
Damage: 8
Penetration: x2/x3
Stage III Ballistics: 7.62x51mm
Range: Medium/Sniping
ROF: B5/B9 for Mod 0; B5/B10 for Mod 1
Speed: 4/6/9
Recoil: 6
Bulk: 4
Weight: 8.4 kg for Mod 0; 8.3 kg for Mod 1
Barter Value: GG2,800
Street Price: $11,200

(I'm classifying the Mk. 48 as a SAW rather than a GPMG because it seems to be treated as a SAW in deployment and doctrine. Really, I'm rethinking the whole SAW/GPMG game classification based on some conversations elsenet, but that's neither here nor there.)

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson