View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 AM

Default Picking this up from sleep

As I mentioned in the "Ray of Hope II" thread, I suddenly shifted from a Kalisz game to this one. Late last night, I reviewed Raellus' original draft, and I have some new suggestions. Consider me a playtester.

1. The Elblag area looks a lot like a river delta to me, so perhaps the bigger goal of TF Inchon should be more than one bridge. The highway junction south of town seems less important as an objective to me. The Elblag River and Canal, the Nogat River, and the Wisla river bridges are all important to the 8th Division's ride to the sunrise. I'd send at least a company each to garrison those, and attach some more of a Seabee battalion to make sure all of the bridges are still tank-worthy.

2. In the backstory, maybe one or more of these bridges had been downed, and the Seabees were bringing ferries or bridging gear upriver from the landings to cross that river.

3. The LAV company and one of the rifle companies on bikes might be making an initial overland dash to the westernmost of the bridges, since they will need to rout the Polish cavalry from there. Then the LAVs can motor back to the SE to take on the 3rd MRD when it appears.

4. I note that this area is part of old Prussia, there are certainly some German families still among the survivors. Perhaps there can be some aid from locals hinted at?

5. Getting out of here seems pretty important, given that 9th Guards Army still may have 2 divisions following the 3rd MRD. Are they en route to engage the XI Corps, or are they detouring south to drive off the Germans following XI Corps?

6. I think some words on how often one might find a boat on one of the rivers.