View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM

I'd be happy to have suggestions. I can't promise they will get put into effect anytime soon. Money is VERY tight, so new containers and that sort of thing are unlikely to appear this year.

Yesterday, my son and I redistributed the pumpkins that had sprouted and a few corn seedlings. Then we planted beans next to the corn sprouts. It should be interesting! I remain disappointed with the clover. There must be a technique of some sort to get clover to sprout. I notice that clumps of it are coming up, though I distributed the seeds as evenly as possible.

Next on the hit parade are potatoes and carrots. I cut some older potatoes and let the exposed surfaces develop a skin. I bought carrot seeds and some little planters. I'll plant marigolds in the planters, too, since none of them came up when I planted them in the ground. The potatoes will go in next to the driveway. I don't expect a bumper crop, but I'd like to have enough for mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. Maybe in the future I can acquire some containers and develop a nice soil for container potatoes.