View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
Based on what you said, Targan, where could I find the rules? Is the game still in print? On Line? I appreciate any help. Real life has made my google-fu very weak tonight.
Gunmaster, written by Bill Gant, is a free rules addition to Harnmaster. Harnmaster is highly detailed RPG system originally designed to be used with the Harn setting (Harn is an island similar to Britain on the fictional planet Kethira). Gunmaster isn't usable without first having a copy of and understanding the Harnmaster rules. Gunmaster brings the Harnmaster system, which focusses on realistic depiction of life and combat in a middle ages setting, into the modern era.

The latest version of Gunmaster is meant for use with the Harnmaster Gold version of the Harnmaster rules. There have been a number of editions of Harnmaster over the years, made more complicated by a licensing/ownership dispute between the original creator of the system, the late great N Robin Crosby, and the games publishing company Columbia Games. Harnmaster Gold was the last edition of Harnmaster published by N Robin Crosby. It wouldn't be difficult for Gunmaster Gold to be converted to any version of Harnmaster and I'm sure Bill Gant could provide earlier versions of Gunmaster to assist with that.

All of Bill Gant's various Harnmaster house rules (including Gunmaster) can be found at WarFlail's Armoury house rules section (NOTE SECURITY WARNING see below. If you still wish to visit the site. Remove the code "REMOVEME-" from the link - KATO13 ADMIN). Harnmaster Gold can be bought from Kelestia.com, or from any fine gaming store that still has physical copies in stock.

I've never published my T2K to Gunmaster conversion but I still have the great bulk of it on hand; much of it is in various electronic formats but some of it I'd have to scan from hard copies. If anyone was serious about wanting to use my material I'd be happy to provide them with whatever I could pull together. After my last Gunmaster:2000 campaign ended I was kind of heartbroken so I haven't looked at any of it for some years.

Last edited by kato13; 09-02-2013 at 08:47 PM.