View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Long time HarnMaster fan here....Ive a copy of GunMaster, and Id be very interested in any Traveller conversions.

For myself, Ive found that the damage charts actually translate rather closely to T2K and/or traveller. For example, i just use Traveller/striker to T2K wound levels and convert to Harnmaster (3rd) Injury difficulties.

For example, you are shot by an AK47, and after armor, only 5 points remain. an impact of >5 is a M1 injury. Saves actually having to calculate impacts for firearms and crazy high armor protection values.

Ive also found that skill levels can port over pretty easily as well. For example, 2 levels of firearms becomes +2 OML. I actually use Traveller or T2K character generation (Mechmarrior is close enough to the same too) roll the additional stats (3D6) and add an additional D6 to Traveller stats. (for % stats just divide by 5)

The biggest part of difficulty is assigning attributes to each skill. Many modern skills are identical to ancient skills in HarnMaster.

I dont use Piety or Aura. Instead I add Education and Social Standing as stats.

I also assign technical skills under Tech, using EDU/EDU/EDU as the governing stats.

Anyway, thats the basics. It allows more attributes, a wider range of skills, and a better wound system.