View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Thread revival and all, but I was just doing some research and came across this thread. I was thinking about odd treasure troves myself, and thought about Coca-Cola. I know that in the present you can find Coke in every country except Cuba and North Korea (and even then ), so I thought about the possibility of a group coming across some carefully protected 12-packs or a barely functioning soda fountain.

I looked into it, and low and behold, Poland got its first Coca-Cola corporate office in 1991. And guess where it was? The Palace of Culture and Science, the home of the 'ol Black Baron. Guess he has another leg up on the militia, artillery aside!

Over the next year more facilities opened up, as follows:

Quote:
*Coca-Cola Poland Ltd. (Radzymin), with branches in Gdynia and Niepołomice, owned by The Coca-Cola Company

*Warszawa Coca-Cola Bottlers Ltd. (Warszawa), a joint venture of the Norwegian company Ringness and The Coca-Cola Export Corporation

*Coca-Cola West Poland Sp. z o. o. (Środa Śląska), with a branch in Poznań, owned by the German company Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetraenke GmbH

*Bydgoszcz Coca-Cola Bottlers Ltd. (Bydgoszcz), a joint venture of the Norwegian company Ringness and a local company Pubrex

*Łódź Coca-Cola Bottlers Ltd. (Łódź), a joint venture of the Austrian company Brau-Beteiligung AG and the German group Marszalkowski

*Lublin Coca-Cola Bottlers (Lublin), owned by the Norwegian company Ringness
Now I envision a literal cross-country journey to find the secret to manufacturing Coca-Cola again! I found this info here if you're interested.