View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lewis View Post
Do you think trama plates are too effective for beginning characters in TW2013?
Depends on how often you want to kill beginning characters. Trauma plates, like soft armor, have armor values calibrated to reflect their real-world performance against specific threats. But you can't put them on limbs or the head.

Quote:
What about knock down and stunning? Would a rifle bullet knock down and stun a PC if he was hit wearing trama plates?
Possibly. But my reading on terminal ballistics implies to me that knockdown and stun is as much psychological as it is physiological - some people fall down when shot because they expect they should, not because of any loss of physical control. So I might treat that as a function of CUF rather than a pure damage function.

Quote:
It says they it covers the chest and upper abdomen (20%). Does that mean you roll percentile dice to see if a bullet hits or that's just the chance on the random location chart its going to hit those body parts?
The percentages reflect the fact that trauma plates don't provide 100% coverage on those body locations. Check out the diagram on page 3 of the attached PDF (swiped from sixty-six.org by way of M4carbine.net). Here's the procedure in Reflex rules:

1. Determine hit location with the standard chart (d6 x d6).
2. If the hit location is protected by armor with a percentage notation, roll against that percentage to see if the attack strikes the armor.

That help?

- C.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf proper_wear_of_armor.pdf (1.33 MB, 86 views)

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson