Thread: Spices.....
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother in Arms
GANJA,

what a funny/dangerous adventure that might be players find a wild Mary Jane patch somewhere....or worse a cultivated and defended one which could be guarded or booby trapped/mined.
About a plattoon worth of us from my battalion were called upon to act as enemy forces for another unit in the heat of the Australian Queensland summer and we were assigned one section (squad) to each of the other battalions infantry companies.

My particular section was tasked with being the targets for a company advancing to contact over about a week (and 50km or so) on foot. Meanwhile, one of the other sections was reinforcing the recon plattoon and causing sleepless nights for a company in defence. During one little "outing", they happened across a rather large plantation hidden deep within the training area (Wide Bay for those who's heard of it). Armed with nothing more than harsh language and blanks they had to guard the place for about 24 hours until the police arrived to take over, all the while well aware that the growers of the area tended to check on their crops fairly regularly and invariably travelled armed. They also often laid booby traps to catch the unwary.

I don't think it need be said that there were some VERY relaxed soliders for the remainder of the exercise....