View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
@Olefin: I like your idea of up-gunned Stuart tanks. They would give the Mexican Army a bit of an advantage against the armor-poor U.S. forces in CONUS without being overpowering (a .50 HMG firing AP rounds could still kill a Stuart). It also has a certain exotic factor that I like. Add those up-gunned Stuarts to the Brazilian wheeled APCs and you have a formidable- but not too formidable- AFV force to lend punch and mobility to the MA invasion force. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I almost like that idea better than the idea of transfers of French and/or Belgian AFVs. Plus, it doesn't mess with the continuing Cold War alternate history of the v1.0 timeline.

@Web: Your eloquent and well-reasoned treatise on comparative air-power would fit really well in my In Defense of the Red Army thread. Would you mind if I copied most of it over there (attributed to you, of course)?
I also think that the upgunned Stuarts have that Mad Max kind of tank idea that fits in well with a post-apocalyptic game - i.e. its like the kind of tank that Tank Girl would have had (especially since the one she had in the movie was a supposedly upgunned Stuart with a 105mm cannon on it)

and it sure adds surprise - "hey Sarge isnt that a Stuart?"
"Yup but that sure as heck isnt a 37 on her. Never seem anything like that. What the heck is she armed with? The Mexicans actually think an old Stuart can do us any harm?"

Followed by laughing and a then a loud boom - and even a louder boom when the 90mm round blows the M113 that is parked behind them apart.

Last edited by Olefin; 10-19-2017 at 02:50 PM.