View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
It looks to me like it is probably a training round. I say this because of one main thing with a secondary minor issue. The main thing is that the nose is bent and overall it does not look like it has taken that much damage. It is not long enough to be a 120mm war round (they are called long rod as they have very long rods) the secondary minor issue that makes me say probably is that it is fin stabilized and most of them were cone stabilized, but I have seen some early ones that were fin. So if it was a war round it is either a early one (made out of steel) or one from a country that does not use DU. But I think it is either a early fin stabilized 105mm training round that someone pried off out of the round, or a 120mm training round that someone put the extra band on to keep the Sabots from falling off, but either way I am thinking a training round, that even if re-purposed would be able to penetrate a civilian armored vehicle, but probably not even something as lightly armored as the Bradley.