Thread: Korean Omega
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Banned

FYI Raellus - while its not canon I know there were discussions Chico and others had (which may or may not have involved Frank Frey - I remember them but have no idea what thread they were in - anyone else remember that?) where the 3rd Army used fuel and ships they had to evacuate the 8th Army to Iran and use those troops and vehicles in order to win the war in Iran with the Soviets (at the least the Marine troops but not sure about the rest)

I could easily see a Korean Omega being very similar to the European Omega - i.e. most of them come home (to the West Coast)or possibly even being used in Texas (Satellite Down says the Canal is still open which means that the US still has troops there and is in control of it) but the remainder go to Iran

The perfect ones to go to Iran would be the Marines - 3000 troops and 20 tanks- that would give the Marines in Iran (7000 men and 11 tanks) a very effective force to be able to kick the Soviets out - basically would form a Marine Army out of I Amphib Corps and II Amphib Corps - or you could combine all the Marine units in Korea into one Marine division and thus have three effective units of 3000 or more

They would probably drop the 25th off in Hawaii - 600 troops - but bring the rest back which is a good sized force

i.e.

2nd Infantry - 2000 troops, 4 M1
7th Light - 500 troops (and better yet they are CA troops from Fort Ord) - possibly even put remnants of the 91st and 221st as well as militia into it to bring it up to a 1000 or so since they would be native Californian troops
26th Infantry - 5000 troops, 3 LAV-75 (or M8 AGS if you do second edition)
41st Infantry - 2000 troops
45th Infantry - 2000 troops
163rd Armored Cav - 300 troops, 4 LAV-75 (or again M8 AGS)

so thats 11,800 troops, 4 M1 and 7 light tanks - more than enough to either take back a good sized piece of Texas or CA