View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Something that definitely needs to be factored into the whole issue of combat fatigue is that these are troops who have been deployed for several years. This is like WW1 and WW2, not like the 3-month or 6-month deployments that are typical of today.
I don't believe you can adequately calculate the effects of combat fatigue on people who have been deployed continuously (also with the knowledge that their homeland wasn't spared from the war), in a global war that's lasted nearly half a decade when the only comparison you have is deployments that don't even last a year.
I wish I had 3/6 month deployments my short ones were almost a year and a half. Now yes that is not multi-year even if my second and third were almost back to back I did get a short break in between. But between 2003 and 2010 I was deployed for about five years. And yes (I think the bigger issue) my home was not also under attack. But I still do not buy the levels of combat fatigue that I am seeing people saying on here would happen.