View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 AM

Well first of all healthy, there won't be any doctors around. So chronic illnesses are going to be out.

Secondly flexible and strong minded. They're expecting to wake up five years into a completely changed world wherever one they know or cared about is dead.

Regarding strong-mindedness, I read an interview with the head of Poland's counter-terrorist force GROM. It was just after the fall of the Communist government when slightly crazier ideas were acceptable. And when asked about his requirements for recruits for his unit, his answer was "attitude and mind, physical fitness and skills can be taught."

As it is I go along with the suggestions around orphans or kids in highly organised schools. But there would still be a need for life experience, a collection of nothing but bright kids wouldn't work.

This may lead to some conflict between the Project Member in their 50s, with decades of experience as an army engineer. And the super trained project leader who's 21 but has been groomed for the post since 12.

I also think the project would do a lot of head hunting. Perhaps even setting up situation, to see if someone has the right stuff. Perhaps the corporate software engineer who's Myers Briggs shows exceptional cool leadership skills. Finds her girl scout camping hike, gets lost after someone sabotages the map and someone needs to find the way back to civilisation?