View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM

I have been in two real bar fights.
The first one I took a few, 3 as I remember, good hits but I did hit him once that I do remember. He hit me once more and I "woke up" in the slammer. My antagonist was in the cell next to me with the most hideous bruise on his face I have ever seen! He wanted to press charges on ME for assault with a deadly weapon before a kind Lt. had a "coming to Jesus" with the two of us and flat out told me that I have half an hour to go away before he let him out. I really like that Lt. Had it had gone differently I am pretty sure my Military Career would have ended up with a dishonorable discharge. The weapon I hit him with? It was the cast that was on my (re)broken arm! Bad choice of "weapon" and the Lt saw it my way as well.

The second was just a drunk who thought my fiancé was his girl friend. Long story short. He came at me with a beer bottle and I somehow luckily broke his collar bone as he came charging. That was pretty open and shut because of his history, thankfully. By the way, I don't consider a beer bottle a weapon, I wasn't hit with it either though.

Then I got into two armed interactions. The first was that I was working as a Cowboy in Arizona, after I got medicaled out of the service. I must preface this as I swear upon my children's lives it's true. Me and the other guy with me ended up shooting 3 of 4 dogs that were killing our calves. Later that night, we met the owners when they rode into our camp. Shotguns and pistols in hand. When asked if we had seen their dogs we did the most natural thing that a cowboy could do in such a situation, we lied our a@@ off and told them NO. My buddy took off ahorse back to get help. I stayed stoked the fire and hid in the brush with my own horse saddled. A few hours later they came back and started ran sacking our camp. And, I ended up holding the 4 of them at gun point with an old but trusty 35 Remington until the police arrived.

The other time, I drew a 9mm on a Mexican gang banger who was threatening me and my girlfriend. By the time I got to my truck he was next to the door and he lifted his shirt for me to see his pistol tucked into his waist band. I lifted my pistol but it was pointing at him through the glass. We drove off without further instance, thankfully.

I never went overseas, got squished while fastroping. These are all that has really scared the heck out of me once I got through the incident. I DO however have lots and lots of fights with cattle and horses. Some won, most lost if they are applicable. Though I doubt it.