View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Some of this is going to have to wait until I'm home from work! I can answer some of these questions though. If you're using Harnmaster Gold as your base system, the Harnmaster Gold character sheet should work fine. We had customised character sheets made using MS Excel. They maximised skill slots and allowed more room for some of the pseudo-skills we added as the conversion evolved.
I started using Harnmaster III character sheet but noticed that it does not have the touch stat. That's why I asked

Quote:
Basically T2K 1st edition vehicle combat rules, but with all the numbers converted to Gunmaster. We used Guns, Guns, Guns (3G) to do all the weapons calculations, converted those numbers to Gunmaster stats (IIRC there are conversion notes in the back of the Gunmaster rules) and also converted all the vehicle armor numbers to Gunmaster as well
That seems like a lot of work. I was afraid of that.

Quote:
Skill improvement checks. One of the problems is that my group of players all started playing Harnmaster using the original 1st edition rules.
Harnmaster III is different in that regard

Quote:
Yes. Harnmaster, Gunmaster and especially Gunmaster 2000 do have unusually large numbers of skills.
What scares me is starting the PC's out with too much skill. Did this happen in your experiences?

Quote:
Luck rolls are really cool and can be easily used in pretty much any game system. They go like this: roll a D100, then try to roll under that number on a second D100 roll. If you roll above the first number you're unlucky. If you roll below the first number you're lucky. Any multiple of 5 or 10 is a critical result, otherwise it's a marginal result, so you can have a critical success (CS), a marginal success (MS), a marginal failure (MF) or a critical failure (CF). The CS/MS/MF/CF system is of course standard in all versions of Harnmaster. I believe the original idea for Luck rolls comes from the Pendragon system but Bill Gant adapted it for his Harnmaster II house rules.
This sounds interesting. I thought about using Piety as some sort of luck role.

Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate it.