View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:18 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I'm willing to do it but it will take some time.

IMO the software is really a no brainer. Wikipedia's software is free. Many people are comfortable with wikipedia's editing system and it has tons of flexibility.

Bandwidth becomes the next issue. I have lost my two best free hosting options recently and I am not sure I want to overload my home line (which this forum runs on).

If we have both sites (the forum and the wiki) on the same server I should be able two unify the logins easily as there is already software. That may not be a serious issue but it might be convenient.

These have been some of the issues I have been thinking about for the past few weeks and I don't have answers to many of the questions yet.
Well in regards to bandwith it's no problem for my to host the server....I have a 100mb/100mb line and I allready have to servers going 24/7 so It wouldn't be problem with another one....I think I have a couple of boxes not beeing used by anything anyways...so I can provide bandwith and hardware - but I never tried to make a wicki....