View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmark6 View Post
I would see this type of "triage" being very difficult to actually undertake if you weren't a heartless bigot. Even if the commander were, getting the troops to act on the orders would be incredibly hard. I find it difficult to see a group of troops being happy with an order such as "round up everyone over sixty five that doesn't have a useful skill, all the disabled and sick and throw them out to starve".
I fully agree with this. NA "works" because the leadership is of a like mind on this and they are able to twist prejudices to suit their goals.

There is nothing wrong with trying to look outside the box and see if some elements of even the most tyrannical regimes could be co-opted for the greater good, but expecting people to act heartless in their treatment of their fellow man without it corrupting their humanity, does not seem realistic to me.

Archeological records indicate human cultures may have taken care of the sick and the infirm as early as 530,000 years ago. Therefore I believe this is a very basic human drive and not one that can be easily dismissed even if it might be the most logical course of action.

Last edited by kato13; 02-11-2010 at 03:31 PM.