View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:31 AM
God-Emperor of the Universe

Default The MARS Force - My Version

Since I'm enjoying the feedback and ideas that are showing up here, I though I'd like to share a concept I have been using in my own campaigns for a number of years...

MARS DIVISION:

These are the 'warriors' of the Morrow Project. MARS stands for 'Mobile Assault, Rescue, and Strike' forces. The MARS teams are not mercenaries; they are pledged to defend the Project and the people it was created to help. The Division provides two different aspects of 'armed support' to the Project - security teams for protection and to assist in maintaining order; and an integrated 'combat-capability' to deal with large-scale threats to the Project. The centrepiece of the MARS Division are the four "MARS Force" Groups, each built around a MARS-One vehicle

The MARS Force:

The MARS Force is geared towards short-term, high intensity conflict operations. These teams have a more 'pure military' focus rather than a police/security function of the MARS Security teams. MARS Force teams are COMBAT troops. Each MARS Force is the equivalent of a Mechanized Infantry Company, with supporting elements attached. All Personnel are from the MARS Division. Each MARS Force is composed of 9 teams (detailed below).

Command Team - 1 MARS-One; 8 personnel (ZM-#0)
Assault Team - 1 V-150(25mm); 2 V-150(APC); 24 personnel (ZM-#1,#2,#3)
Forward Scout Team - 3 Commando Scout; 6 personnel (ZM-#4,#5)
Fire Support Team - 3 V-150(81mm); 15 personnel (ZM-#6)
Armoured Defence Team - 3 V-150(TOW) 12 personnel (ZM-#7)
HAAM Strike Team - 15 HAAM suits; 15 personnel (ZM-#8)

MARS Force units are identified by a two character Alpha prefix ZM (Zulu Mike) denoting them as Regional MARS assets, with a two digit numeric suffix; the first digit denoting the specific region they are assigned to and the second digit representing their specific team number. For example, ZM-30 would indicate the MARS-One/Command Team for MARS Force 3 (Region III). ZM-26 on the other hand would indicate the Fire Support Team of MARS Force 2 (Region II). MARS Force teams are identified as follows:

ZM-#0 is a MARS Force MARS-One/Command Team
ZM-#1, #2, #3 are the MARS Force Assault Teams
ZM-#4, #5 are the MARS Force Scout Teams
ZM-#6 is the MARS Force Mortar Support Team
ZM-#7 is the MARS Force Armoured Defence Team
ZM-#8 is the MARS Force HAAM Strike Team

Vehicles within the MARS teams are denoted with Alpha characters. For example, the first mortar vehicle in team ZM-46 would be A, and would identify itself as 46Alpha or as ZM-46A. The V-150(25mm) in ZM-12 would be 12A, or ZM-12A; the two V-150(APC) vehicles would be 12B and 12C respectively.

MARS Forces Groups are 2nd Level assets, under the direct command and control of their assigned Regional Command Base (Zulu 1-4). Prime Base does not maintain a MARS Force, but does hold an additional MARS-One vehicle, known as MARS Prime.

That's it folks...

Cheers!
Traveller