Thread: Why no China?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Keep in mind that there are category A and category B divisions in that mix for V1- and also garrison divisions in that list

As stated before the big differences:

Category A - best equipment, best training - basically the mobile troops that were ready (at least in Chinese eyes) to take on the Soviets from the get go

Category B - second line equipment, standard training but not top of the line - i.e. more basic, not advanced tactics or familiarity with top of the line equipment - still regular troops but definitely not the cream of the crop

Garrison - static infantry divisions with artillery support (with some units being issued older tanks - and by older I mean very old)

example

1st Garrison Division of Lanzhou Military Region

Originally the 62nd Infantry Division the the 62nd Army Division and then reorganized in 1985 and renamed the 1st Garrison Division of Lanzhou Military Region

1st Garrison Regiment (former 184th Infantry);
2nd Garrison Regiment (former 185th Infantry);
3rd Garrison Regiment (former 186th Infantry);
Artillery Regiment.

Artillery most likely would be Type 60 122mm towed gun and Type 59-I 130mm towed gun and even perhaps the Type 59 100mm artillery pieces as well

It was disbanded in 1992 and became the Independent Infantry Regiment of Ningxia Military District. However in the V1 timeline it probably would have stayed intact as a garrison division

This might have been one of the divisions the 78th Motorized Rifle Division faced in Sinkiang

Last edited by Olefin; 09-27-2018 at 05:20 PM.