View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM

How I read about Morrow Project start up activities comes mostly from the Prime Base Module. IIRC, about 2 years after The Day, (apologies to Alas Babylon) Prime sent a few recon teams out into the surrounding area. Then, once apprised of what was happening, decided to build the "model" for other teams to learn from and adjust accordingly.

1) What the HELL where they thinking??? This is Prime!! You are uncovering THE most critical part of the Project.

2) The idea did seem to work at first.

3) Krell operatives wandered in. NOT GOOD. See point 1.

4) We all know what happened next. Not just a tactical nuke nearby, but a BIO weapon that destroyed PRIME.

Most games I have been in or have run, the team builds very slow. AND AWAY FROM SUPPLIES!!! Who is going to notice that one or two of the team are not there TODAY??? If they are missed, then a quick "white lie" will work. Checking out nearby water/farming area/raw materials/etc.

If I had been in charge, Yes a model community is a good idea. But NOT on the Prime doorstep!!! Very easily could have been 20-30 clicks THAT WAY. I also would have made the contact ONE WAY. From Prime to colony. No return to base just in case of illness. Who knows what has mutated and how.

As far as the C130's....

I really am of two minds. (at least )

Yes, a strategic air reserve can be used for so many things.

No, not at Prime. Somewhere else. Prime has too many other duties.

I am going to get off of the soap box for now. I need to find my copy of Prime Base. When I first read it, I had QUESTIONS!!!!! I will air more questions later.

My $0.02

Mike