View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Internet Intellectual

I am with Mike080.........

Opening Prime and starting an experimental survivors community right on their front porch was monumentally stupid.

Not the oops I locked my keys in the car kind of stupid but, the go sit in the corner, you are not allowed sharp or pointy things kinda stupid.

I would have expected that Prime would be running on going, round the clock, sig int and Elint operations from listening posts situated around the areas they wished to rebuild first. At Day + 2 years the Morrowsat would have been brought online as the ash, dust, and smoke should have relatively cleared. Then a worldwide recon mission would have begun listening for transmissions and looking for pockets of artificial light or agricultural activity.

At Day + 5 years I would expect the Recon elements and Combined Group Leaders would have been awakened to make local on the ground assessments of infrastructure and survivors. Comms would be by radio or data burst transmission.

At Day + 6 years the Recons and the Combined Group Leaders have made their assessments and have used some or all of the Caches for the food and expendable assets like tires and petrol products. The Combined Group Leader may at their discretion have accessed an Automated Depot for resupply and held the caches as reserve. The Combined Group Leader then begins bringing their Groups out of cold sleep en mass. Individual teams may have been awakened by the Group Leader as operational necessity dictates such as a Medical Team to assess biowarfare plagues or an Engineering Team to safely idle a nuclear power plant and keep the cooling pond functioning.

At Day + 6 years the Regional bases are awakened from cold sleep by a signal from Prime that the Combined Groups in their region have awakened. The Regional Base uses their own MARS and Recon for the area surrounding themselves and the Base engineers prepare and airfield for C-130s and begins the repair of roads and bridges to the Regional base. Pre-fabricated structures are assembled outside the regional base where supplies brought from the base are staged, assembled, and packed for distribution on pallets for delivery where these are needed. Dedicated PsyOps/Civil Affairs/Liaison teams depart region bases with dedicated comms teams to begin the integration with surviving civil government.