View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
In general, I disagree with the small amount of armored vehicles that canon gives the various divisions, as well as the foreign vehicles they would be operating, The canon also dropped the ball on delineating the unarmored vehicles, lightly-armored vehicles, engineer vehicles, missile carriers, etc, etc, etc.

They also might have put in notes that the divisions in question's personnel may not be using their countries' weapons and equipment, that the vehicles may not all be operable to fuel shortages and a lack of spare parts, and may be damaged but operable.
I suspect that that is because of the inspirational material. Post apocalyptic flm and literature often depicts characters endlessly walking (The Road, Swan Song) or driving jerry rigged civilian vehicles (The Stand, The Walking Dead). I remember when I had my first Twilight 2000 experience, the GM was a bit frustrated that we were doing too well--that we secured stockpiles of fuel, ammunition, water purification, etc, and simply ventured from a safe haven we had acquired to gather materials or other survivors.

I think that the idea of a unit having a well maintained APC or IFV is an affront to the body of inspiration, therefore. And the troops are supposed to fall apart, abandon their position, civilization needs to collapse.

This is why I'm thinking that California presents interesting challenges and why I asked about agriculture and industry as well as population migration, to figure out what is possible.

So what would yoru recommendations be?