View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkated View Post
Hmmm. Small numbers of humans move into prepared underground shelters, and live for several generations using stored supplies and technology. Some eke out survival on the surface, without technological support.

Meanwhile, on the surface, several lifeforms that had not been active for millions of years return...

One tribe returns to the surface, based in a city of the old one, with ancient towers of glass, steel and stone standing forth in the sea, supported by Old Blood Mechanics who have both the ancient knowledge to return ancient machines on the surface or in storage (like a Cadillac) back in to working order, and a new approach of learning to live with the environment and its new creatures (like a dinosaur) to avoid the excesses of the old world.

Welcome to the Xenozoic Era!

What? You say it's been done?

Uncle Ted
Ah I loved that game, I just couldn't get anyone else interested in playing it. After buying Cadillacs & Dinosaurs I got hooked on Schultz as a comics artist and bought a compilation set of the Xenozoic Tales just to read the story behind the game.
Although I never did get to run a game of it, I did get to use some of the creatures for use in Dark Conspiracy - the benefit of all those GDW games using the same rules set.