View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCausey View Post
I wanted very badly to serve, but my health kept me out. I was 15 and at Culver Military Academy when I was diagnosed with BiPolar Depression. I've been disabled 100% with it for 20 years now. My meds work OK, but I'm pretty much a homebody. Leaves lots of time for hobbies, anyway.

I wanted to be a Marine most of all, and probably would have wound up around aviation or tanks, 2 things that I really love.
You sound much like me; I have a subset of bipolar disorder called schizoaffective disorder. (Sort of bipolar d/o with some schizophrenia thrown in for fun.) It waited until many years after I enlisted in the Army and thought I was going places to finally floor me, but looking back, it probably started out in my mid-teens. I have a lot of problems with some pretty dark depression, and antidepressants don't have antidepressant qualities on the schizoaffective; the best thing my docs can do is stabilize me at a depressed level. I'm pretty much a homebody as well; between medication and pain I can sleep a whole day away, without artificial help from more medication.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com