View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Oh I bet there is all kinds of stuff still in army depots - and considering Littlefield's resources (and that fact that the tanks had live barrels) I can bet that he had at least some live shells to go with them - and by 2001 even a couple of dozen shells a piece isnt bad considering that outside of vehicles issued to parties for starting campaigns you dont see many out there with full ammo loads (unless they are only armed with machine guns or very common rounds like for the M1 that they made untold numbers of shells for)

and yes having an adventure to find ammo stored away in an old depot sounds like a very good idea indeed

and there is even a great place to do so in CA - i.e. the Sierra Army Depot in Herlong, CA

The Federal government doesn't even allow the National Guard to store available ammunition above 7.62N.

The State of California sure isnt going to let a civilian have hundreds of rounds of tank or artillery ammunition.

Anything over .50 BMG is regulated by the ATF and has to be purchased as a Destructive Device. Every single one of them on a Form 1 with stamp or it is Federal prison time for person in possession.

The required by Federal Law safeguards alone are cost prohibitive and failing to secure them properly is fines and possible jail too.

To say that Littlefield would have more than props or training/practice munitions is a huge stretch.

The man died of cancer.... There is no reason for that to be different in an alternate timeline with no different medical institutions.

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 04-02-2018 at 06:24 PM.