View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
FYI - the M88A2 production rates have been pretty constant for quite a long -

And a rate of 8 M88A2 per month is what the line was designed for - for that vehicle that is a very good production rate
FYI I listed the M88 under Heavy Support Vehicles and never made any mention about how and what sort of level it is being produced at.

Quote:
and the Bradley was being remanufactured on a two shift line for almost the entire time I was at BAE - in fact it predated my employment there it only finally slowed down in 2012-2013 after being that way for years
And I stated that "U.S. armoured vehicles are currently built/rebuilt by General Dynamics, Textron and British owned BAE. General Dynamics (LAV-25, M1120 Stryker), Textron (M117), BAE (AAV-P7, M2/M3 Bradley, M113, M109). Except for the Stryker few if any of these vehicles are currently being built, with other work concentrating on rebuilds and supplying components".

That is pretty much what you are talking about, remanufacture!

Quote:
I am looking at what could be done during the Twilight War time period - which is why vehicles like the M8 and the Stingray need to be figured in
Well I listed the current assembly lines and they also existed in 1997, so just add them to it.