View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 AM

Here is a good and viable source

http://russian-ships.info/eng/

However, you have to check every ship and try to cross reference what you find on it. Still, DOOSA and ships that have been given to the sailing clubs are the most readily available.

One thing is important to note and it is that most ship are small units including small frigates, corvettes, minewarfare and patrol boats.

The larger units would largely be discraded depend on wether or not the Kremlin allow them real financing. I would expect a number of destroyers to be returned to full duty: Kanin, Kildin and Kotlin classes but I'm not sure about the Sverdlov. It is true that the Soviet have been at war longer but I aslo think that they would prefer to focus on their newer ships and they were building plenty in the late 1980's.

I expect the aircraft carriers building program to be carried as planned in the 1980's, I expect more Slava, Udaloy, Sovremenyy, Neustrachimy, Gepard, Nanuchka, Tarantul and Pauk to be built. Same thing for the submarines.

You can also have the Matka hydrofoil entering full production to replace the aging Osa but I'm not convinced.

It will also depend of the game you play. With V1.0, tensions had been rising for some times before the war and funding obviously came. With v2.2, all the ships that were scrapped between 1987-1992 are indeed scrapped.