View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 08:50 AM

ArmySGT-

Would you be willing to answer some questions for me on 3rd Edition stuff?

There are a number of things I am unclear on.

I am planning to use the "Roleplaying Expansion" that removes the ACC stat and explicitly adds skills.

It is unclear to me how you determine a characters skills. I get that everyone gets a degree and that there are minimum skill levels required to be on a Recon, Mars or Science team.

What I don't get is how you would determine what level those skills (combat, technical, knowledge, agility) are at? I understand that stats can give bonuses, but how are the base numbers derived?

Is there a pool of "skill points" based on something that you can divide out to different skills as you see fit for your character?

I think if I can get this sorted out in my head the other stuff will fall into place. IIRC this is something we never figured out back in high school and all our characters were probably PhD Navy Seal Sniper Ninjas.

Given that my group has taken to referring to TMP as "Post Apocalypse Social Workers with Guns" when I mention it, I think they get the idea of the project much better than we did in high school. It helps that everyone is over 30, 1 is a psychiatrist, 2 have PhDs (chemistry & psychology), and 2 are teachers.