View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral View Post
Lots of creative effort! Good work. I appreciate the effort it takes to devise one’s own timeline.

I like the mention of McDonald’s behind the Iron Curtain. I wonder what factors lead to the weakening of the EU, such that EU members are drawn away. I can understand the French desire to craft an organization over which they would have suzerainty, but the motivations of the other participants might not be as clear to all readers without further explanation.

Good attention to Africa. I’d love to see even more work on Africa.

Webstral
Thank you, wow. really. coming from you that's like amazing praise to me. Your articles are what gave me my inspiration for my Twilight 2000 background, and for writing stories like this.

My idea for the break-up of the EU into two camps was based on the political and economic manuvering being done by France. Especially using the bad feelings brought about by the 'Black Winter' and laying blame for not getting invovled all at the feet of the United States, United Kingdom and Germany.

With the economic benefits coming from the management of african resources gave the Med Alliance alot of economic influence (mainly with 'contractors' going into Africa to build new cities, ect... using those resources to fund these projects allowed their economies to be built up). This also had the benefit of ten years of construction work brining large parts of Africa into the 'modern age' like we've been seeing with all the construction work in the Persian Gulf by the UAE that has put massive amounts of people to work with those HUGE construction projects.

That is kind of what i see the Med Alliance doing in Africa...
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.