Thread: North Carolina
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 01:39 PM

New update.

Met the ambassador finally today. Some mild mannered paper-pusher. Glad as hell he’s here and I don’t have to do the talking. Hired a few mercs while we were here, bikers. Way I figure, if they die, we get their bikes. Not like any of them seem to be worth anything these days. No armor, no real training. Legion ate these guys up back in the day.

Passed a cabin on the way. Opium farm. Tits picked up a sack of seeds, cost us two gold eagles. Told her to make pain-killers out of it. Figure I’ll be busting up a heroin smuggling operation within the month. And that’s probably cutting her short. Who in hell thought she’d be good for rebuilding the world, I’ll never know. Least Orca hasn’t tried to blow anything up yet. Yet.

Arrived at Chapel hill. Place looks lovely. Milita drilling, some cannon, no fortifications. They’ll die quick. Lovely thing with expansionists, they like to move. Don’t care about losses either. You have to have fortifications to hold them up, or traps, or something. Odds are they don’t even think they need the rest of the state. Intellectuals my ass. Don’t even have good coffee here. Not like the root stuff out in the country been drinking. All flavors and spices and shit. Don’t want to taste the dirt in it. Whole problem for you right there.

Somehow, Leo proved useful. Got him in a suit and had him rant at the classics until they gave in. Apparently they hadn’t realized the Kentuckians want to wipe out free thinkers like them, and their books aren’t bullet-proof. He even got a movement going that wants a bill of rights. Command is going to have a field day when they wake up. If they wake up. Fuckers.

We’re heading on to the coast to talk to the Marines next. Met the new ambassador, old one’s staying here to keep liaising and such like. Orca’s staying as well to train the milita how to use their cannon. Hopefully he won’t cause a diplomatic incident. Convention had no idea wha they got themselves into with us, poor bastards.

Swear to god, this new one’s a spitting image of colonel sanders. Should keep that to myself, given we’re at war with kentucky. Might even be someone who gets it. Heading out with Ichabod and his men. Man’s been lining his pockets pretty good, getting first dibs on all the new trade opportunities. How the hell I started re-shaping the world, I don’t know. If I’m lucky, I’ll get out of this with-out being turned into a saint. Last thing I need is some asshole deciding to re-write me for posterity.

Need more coffee. Would start drinking if I trusted these idiots to not blow the v-50 up while I was out. Came across some tribal on the road, he wanted to bum a ride. Leo and doc started ranting about him being a hippie. Like they even know what that is. Then he made a face like he was about to shit himself and set a cat on fire. So they started calling him a demon. And Tits tried to strangle him while Leo broke out the bible. Tribal shocked her out of it and I had to play meat-shield while the others freaked out. Told him to get his ass out of there before they pulled something, but he just kept asking to ride with us. While three people ranted about wanting to kill him.

Fucking idiot.

Ichabod was fine with having the guy in one of the trucks, so I just threw him in one. Thought for a moment Leo and Tits were going to try and go after him anyway, but somehow I managed to get them back in the fifty and heading east.

I need a fucking vacation. And some more coffee.