View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
OK, I found them. I was just skimming and 3rd MarDiv was the last division listed before it seemed to switch to regiments. I didn't notice that those regiments were still part of active divisions.

Korea is indeed fertile ground for a T2K Sourcebook.
It switched to regiments due to losses in the three divisions who seemed to take a hell of a lot of casualties getting over to Korea - which is something I find highly curious due to that fact that they arrived after the Soviet fleet should have been destroyed - and you would figure the Navy would do everything they could to protect the Marines - they belong to the Navy after all

One thing that doesnt make sense is how the Soviets kept their navy going in the Pacific as late as they did - i.e. look at Satellite Down - they still have a group of six destroyers going very late in the game - ones that somehow have the fuel to operate off the coast of Mexico (which I would think they got from Mexico and opens up another interesting idea on possible additional Soviet units in Mexico - i .e. did the Soviets not only help Mexico with Division Cuba but also with Pacific Fleet units sent there to operate out of Mexican ports) - and even the one very old DD that the Virginia sinks after its grounded for good at Haven